Looking for a new fish.

grouper

Market
Reaction score
I just lost my purple tang after 3 years. I have a yellow tang, anthias harum, flame angel, copperband, and a pair of watchman golbies. The tank size is 90G with a 30G sump and 30G fuge. What would you put in the tank that would be compatible? I'm thinking of an Achilles tang.

<u>I'm thinking of an Achilles tang.</u></em>
Ichus getit maximus! beautiful fish though. How about a tomini?

Are you trying to stick to a tang for a replacement? The achilles is beautiful but I dunno but your yellow tang, mine would have a fit if I threw anything in teh tank. I dunno how the achilles would do with the tang. Do you like wrasses and anthias?

I would stay away from the achilles for tank size/stress purposes. Keep looking and taking your time on another perfect addition. Tailspot blennies are awesome

Thanh386;325627 wrote: Are you trying to stick to a tang for a replacement? The achilles is beautiful but I dunno but your yellow tang, mine would have a fit if I threw anything in teh tank. I dunno how the achilles would do with the tang. Do you like wrasses and anthias?

I have anthias. What kind of wrasse are you talking about?

If you cant to spend around 100-150, You should take a look at some flame wrasse. Reef safe and BEAUTIFUL. If you want to spend a little more, i'd go with a male golden rhomboid.

Thanh386;326633 wrote: If you cant to spend around 100-150, You should take a look at some flame wrasse. Reef safe and BEAUTIFUL. If you want to spend a little more, i'd go with a male golden rhomboid.

Okay, I going to do a trio of flame wrasse.

grouper therapy;326904 wrote: Nice choice!!

I'm thinking of getting 3 of the same size( i.e. supermale, 2 females). Or just get a 3 of the same size and watch one would turn into a supermale.

grouper;326913 wrote: I'm thinking of getting 3 of the same size( i.e. supermale, 2 females). Or just get a 3 of the same size and watch one would turn into a supermale.
That would be fun with some periodic pics during the change!

God i hate you lol. Flame wrasse are so beautiful. You should time laspe the changing of the supermale over the duration of it's transformation. GREAT CHOICE!

Thanh386;326934 wrote: God i hate you lol. Flame wrasse are so beautiful. You should time laspe the changing of the supermale over the duration of it's transformation. GREAT CHOICE!

I will try to take pictures/video of the change. However, it will probable take about 6 months for the full change.

Seedless Reefer;327196 wrote: Personally I would take a look at a Chevron tang!

Nice looking fish. I have to think about that one. I placed the order for the trio flame wrasse.

Which came first, th epurple or the yellow tang? I made the mistake of adding a yellow as the first fish a few years ago and it killed several other tangs that followed until I learned that it attacked not only fish of the same color but fish of the same shape. Four years later, he's still around. I recently upgraded tanks and he's still in quarantine until all the other fish are settled in.

Anyway, back to the question. I'd go with a foxface.

Hooked on Salt;328249 wrote: Which came first, th epurple or the yellow tang? I made the mistake of adding a yellow as the first fish a few years ago and it killed several other tangs that followed until I learned that it attacked not only fish of the same color but fish of the same shape. Four years later, he's still around. I recently upgraded tanks and he's still in quarantine until all the other fish are settled in.

Anyway, back to the question. I'd go with a foxface.

I put the purple and yellow tang in the tank together. Try using some acrylic as a divider until you think it is safe to put the fish together.

That's an idea but I'm not sure how I'd do that in my 150 with LR. He's pretty big and I had a hard time catching him in a bare 55. I'm thinking he may not be so territorial if he's the last one introduced to the new tank. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Hooked on Salt;328488 wrote: That's an idea but I'm not sure how I'd do that in my 150 with LR. He's pretty big and I had a hard time catching him in a bare 55. I'm thinking he may not be so territorial if he's the last one introduced to the new tank. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Yeah, you definately want him to be the last fish in the tank. When u put him in, you may also want to turn the lights off.

Back