Looking for advice on UV plumbing ideas

kodock

Supporting
Reaction score
I have a lifeguard 25W UV that I’m looking to attach to my WB 110.4. The openings are 3” and I don’t really have the space to mount inside the cabinet, although I’d like to. The top and back of the inside is just T2020 rails. The sides are composite wood. I’d rather not run it outside the tank, for cosmetic and leak exposure. Maybe I could raise it diagonally on the left, but it’s normally full vertical or slightly sloped horizontally standards.

Any ideas or examples? Although some, there’s not too many thorough UV blueprints for plumbing out there.

Attachments

• IMG_6134.jpeg
    IMG_6134.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 16
Looked up the style of that UV and it seems to be okay either vertically or horizontally. That uv is rated upto 1000gph with 550 recommended. You probably need to use the reducer to fit 3” inlet and outlet. The connector swivels it seems.

Way you have your system setup,You will probably want to connect the input to your return pump. and control the flow. You would have it connected and have the exit to your return nozzle. Turn the uv on a timer since it will go thru it 100% of the water passing to the sump.

Other option is to add manifold flush to add reactors and uv to your return.

Looked up the style of that UV and it seems to be okay either vertically or horizontally. That uv is rated upto 1000gph with 550 recommended. You probably need to use the reducer to fit 3” inlet and outlet. The connector swivels it seems.

Way you have your system setup,You will probably want to connect the input to your return pump. and control the flow. You would have it connected and have the exit to your return nozzle. Turn the uv on a timer since it will go thru it 100% of the water passing to the sump.

Other option is to add manifold flush to add reactors and uv to your return.

Thanks! Yea I was looking to hard plumb my return and do a proactive manifold, and let the UV go right into the tank, I think I need a check valve for that, depending where I place it.

The mounting is the big issue. I was looking and I think I can cut some 2020 aluminum and build a frame to tslot or ubracket it facing forward, then it depends on if the nozzles/unions are ok to be angled in other directions with no problems.

On the flip side, it may be easier to give it its own pump. Idk

Manifold will be most efficient way to connect your uv and reactors. Of course the check valve will be on all the manifold including the one for the uv. So you can sure the flow going into the reactors.

Unless you are planning on using the uv part time, separate pump will cause you more maintenance. But you can control the flow more precise so that’s a plus.

Back