Looking for ATO Storage Tank Ideas

elfloyd

Supporting
Reaction score
I am currently using a plastic charcoal container for my ATO storage. This is very similar to the gift wrap containers (which are hard to find in June) but the plastic is thicker. This container holds about 7 gallons.

I am refilling this 3 times per week. Looking for other container options that will not totally trash the look of my office, but will increase the amount of water storage.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Get one of these and paint it to look like a giant beer can.

product.aspx

Well... that would do it! But maybe something just a little smaller... my ATO can't be bigger than my tank!

What about a pillow style tank that could be hidden under a couch or large chair?

I don't care too much about hiding it... but something in the 20-30 gallon range.

What about something like this that could be placed behind or to the side of your stand?

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/variant.asp?catalog_name=USPlastic&category_name=19372&product_id=3621&variant_id=11093">25 GALLON</a>

I'm working on that too.. I might end up making a tank out of acrylic & wood that sits in the bottom of my base cabinet and is approximately 6" tall that will hold somewhere between 15-18 gallons (then everything from my sump to my chiller will sit on top of it)

or I may make a small cabinet that sits next to my base that will house the ATO...

Ooooo! I like that one!!! I have the ATO setting next to the tank now... dimensions are perfect!! Thankis!

That tank is nice, but $179 for a 25 gallon water tank? Go to The Container Store at Perimeter or one near you. You'll find what you need for $20.
Dave

Rbredding;375415 wrote: What about something like this that could be placed behind or to the side of your stand?

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/variant.asp?catalog_name=USPlastic&category_name=19372&product_id=3621&variant_id=11093">25 GALLON</a>

I'm working on that too.. I might end up making a tank out of acrylic & wood that sits in the bottom of my base cabinet and is approximately 6" tall that will hold somewhere between 15-18 gallons (then everything from my sump to my chiller will sit on top of it)

or I may make a small cabinet that sits next to my base that will house the ATO...[/QUOTE]

I said I liked the tank... which I do. But yeah... the price can be put toward some nice corals! I'll check out the container store. Not my favorite place (wife spends too much $$$ on getting organized), but now I have a reason to go too!

that one is "structural" to support liquids at high temperatures..

I was suggesting it for it's size and dimensions.. check the site.. there are similar items that are cheaper
(and can probably be found locally for less)

Back