Looking for Cipeofloxacin

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
Looking for some Cipro to medicate a new bta. Any local stores have any?

Yeah, its crazy what you can pick up for your critters, it's just not human grade.

My first job was at a mom and pop petstore and one time a bunch of guys at from a frat house came in and clean us out of amoxicillin.They most have caught caught something and shared it. I was 14 and thought and thought "Boy those guys take good care of their fish". I was pretty embarrassed when the owner explain why they were probably getting it.

Veterinarians are also usually pretty good for getting stuff like this - especially if they're close by and you already have a family pet on the books.

Not meaning to talk you out of a trip to Aviarium, mind you. ;) That place (and the general region) is dangerous to my wallet.

Just curious - what are you treating the anemone for. I've never heard of using an antibiotic on an anemone.

Fishes, yes. (Never heard of using Cipro - that's a pretty big gun...)

And yes, several antibiotics can be found for fish use. Usually they are the same stuff as you get for yourself at the pharmacy but they are labeled for animal/veterinary use so you aren't supposed to use them on people.

Having said that, when my ex-husband had a sinus infection and no health insurance, he took the fishy Amoxicillin and recovered ;)

Jenn

Basically this sums up treatment. The nem has been in my tank since Sunday. It started expelling filaments and had a cut on its foot. It looks like it is getting a sore near its mouth. I doubt it will make it.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2271385">http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2271385</a>

Most anemone treatment I've read says treat with Cipro.

Here's what it looked like yesterday. Pretty much the same today.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

I wonder what the success rate is versus watch-and-wait which is usually what you have to do with inverts. Is there any documented proof that it works?

I mean, sometimes they heal up on their own...

And people routinely hack up anemones to propagate them and don't treat for potential infection.

Just thinking out loud...

HiImSean;1070940 wrote: Here's what it looked like yesterday. Pretty much the same today.

cipro wouldnt fix that ime.

that looks like water param/light shock.

i would let it settle before implementing anything

I got it in QT and dosed the Cipro about 3hrs ago. The mouth is closed up right now. It's funny though, through the whole time it's looked like crap it's foot as remained firmly stuck to a surface and it does inflate and deflate pretty much all day. We'll see how the next two doses go. I'm a little worried because I have to go out of town Monday to Wednesday afternoon. So pretty much I'll miss a dose and water change on Tuesday.

This morning it's looking 100 times better. It's inflated larger than I've seen it before.

Here it is a little bit ago with the lights out. Last night it was a pile of mush almost and told my wife I doubt it'll make it. I think it'll pull through now but we'll see.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

hope it works out.
if he doesnt look better by the time you are on your trip i would quarantine. mushy anemones can foul water in a hurry.

i wasnt advocating doing nothing. but i would look at water params. perhaps a wc.

I already pulled it yesterday because it was looking pretty bad.

Back