Looking for help in Duluth. Large tank.

Adam

Trustee
Staff member
Sponsor
Supporting
Reaction score
Hi All, I'm getting ready to start my 1st reef tank. I went big with a 220 Marineland and I now have an All Glass 90 to use as a sump. I have been piecing everything together since last June and I think I have a 75% of what I'm going to need. The DT will be going in-wall with a sump/fish room behind the wall.

Right now I'm kinda in a hurry to get 2 main things done. The DT is not drilled or reef ready. I need to get it drilled and install an internal c2c weir. I also need to get the stand built. The DT has been sitting in my garage since October and the wife is getting tired of looking at it there... Once these 2 are done I'll be back to a slower pace.

So if your willing to help your just give advice food & drink is on me.

Thanks,
Adam

Hey Adam. What's your ETA for having this in the wall? Have you framed out the stand yet? PM me when you're ready to lift it into place and if I'm available I'll help. I can also bring 4 suction cups which make the job much easier than without. I'd love to hear your plans for the in wall design. I'm very interested in hearing your thoughts because I have a 220 sitting on the floor in my office next to my 120 waiting for me to break open a wall and mount it. I bought it back in March before I moved into this house in June and it has been waiting ever since. I'm getting eager to start the process but I'm a little short on priority and motivation.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hey Kenny, I'm hoping to have the tank in the wall by 2/7. David (Grouper Therapy) sent me plans to build the stand yesterday. Now I'm checking with my friends to find a table saw I can use. Don't want to make those cuts with a circular saw.

The use of your suction cups would be great! I'm going to need to turn the tank on it's side to drill is very soon. I have already framed in an opening for a tank when I finished the basement but I made it too high so it's going to be lowered 6". (Pics below)

Well if you need motivation am more than willing to help once I get mine on the stand.

Here's the viewing side. (The wife like to burn candles, hence the soot marks. She knows there will be no more down there.)

This is a couple of the other side of the wall in whats becoming the Fish/Sump room.

I finished the basement myself with friends about 13 years ago. I can help you with framing, plumbing & electrical.

*Edit. The pics were to big and no time to edit at work so I just attached them.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1066813=65835-IMAG3302.jpg
>
1066813=65835-IMAG3302.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMAG3302.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
1066813=65836-IMAG3304.jpg
>
1066813=65836-IMAG3304.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMAG3304.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
1066813=65837-IMAG3306.jpg
>
1066813=65837-IMAG3306.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMAG3306.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I'm out of town until this weekend but when I get back you are more than welcome to borrow the suction cups and as long as I'm free when you're ready to make the move I will lend a hand. Interested in seeing how the stand ends up and what sump configuration you're planning on using.

Yea I know how that is. I've got a business trip next week. I've also got a funeral for a friend this Sunday. So I've got this Saturday and Sunday 1/24 to try and get some stuff done.

My hope is I can get some things cleaned up in the basement this week after work and be able to move the tank to a temporary spot down there until I'm ready to put it in the wall. If all goes well I'd like to get that move done this Saturday. The wife is on my rear end...

Hey Adam,

I'm back in town and I can help out early tomorrow if that works for you. Do you have others to help move that tank, especially if you're planning on taking it down stairs. I can bring my suction cups. It's over 400 lbs empty but I'm sure you're already aware of that. Furniture dolleys are also nice if you have large spans of flat surfaces to cross. I can also bring some furniture pads which can be used to slide the tank across hard woods if you don't have a dolley.

I'll PM my cell number.

Kenny

Back