Looking for LED suggestion for 9.6 x 8 x 9.2 in tank.

Tanster2

Market
Reaction score
I'm not great at the DIY things and would like you guys to suggest a nice light that has a narrow, yet powerful spread for my 2.5 gallon pico. I have an AI I can throw on it but too much light bleeds out and that's something I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks! :)

I cant remember where I have seen them before but they make light guards, almost like a hood, for the AI Prime for when they are used in sumps so you wont get algae build up in the the different sections. It might just be what you need for such a small footprint.

I cant remember where I have seen them before but they make light guards, almost like a hood, for the AI Prime for when they are used in sumps so you wont get algae build up in the the different sections. It might just be what you need for such a small footprint.
I actually have those for this tank, but I could definitely use them on my Nuvo 30L. I was more looking for a light that didnt have as much of a spread, because the pico is on my desk and the excess light can get a tad bid distracting lol

I had a Nanobox Mini over my 3.5g. There was some light spill but it wasn’t bad. I could get the light pretty close to the tank and reduce the intensity too.

I had a Nanobox Mini over my 3.5g. There was some light spill but it wasn’t bad. I could get the light pretty close to the tank and reduce the intensity too.
They look wonderful. A new one is like 2.5x the cost of a Kessil a80, so I might hold off for that reason. Great looking light though.

How about one of these, I'm looking at this for a 5.5g pico I'm planning. Run about $100 and comes with 2 dimmers so you can dial in the right intensity for the tank.

Reef Brite
50⁄50 LUMI LITE PRO LED STRIP LIGHT

The 8" fixture would be a good fit. I think they also burn up to 20k. They include brackets so easy to mount. Good find Dave. I think I'll go with either these or the Kessil 180

Back