Looking for recommendations

ptreef

Market
Reaction score
Looking for tank builder recommendations as I look into my next big tank. Ideally I’m still thinking 500+ gallons. My experience with glass cages last time was good but I’m hoping for someone more local that will also be able to install easier. Good news is I’m hoping to put this tank in the garage with the viewing panel being in the living room as an in-wall tank.
I will also need to work with a contractor/electrician to help with reinforcing the wall as it likely is load bearing and will need proper electrical work done.

Southeast Aquariums has been doing it in the Atlanta area for a long time. MRC used to share space with them and were somehow affiliated. That was 10-15 years ago.

if you want glass, then glass cage is your guy in terms of how fast they can provide the tank and price. other places are usually more pricier and longer delivery time.

I have yet to see an actual MRC tank inside a hobbyist's house. i know they make great hardware for commercial application

for regular hobbyist, i would recommend glass over acrylic all day every day.

if you want glass, then glass cage is your guy in terms of how fast they can provide the tank and price. other places are usually more pricier and longer delivery time.

I have yet to see an actual MRC tank inside a hobbyist's house. i know they make great hardware for commercial application

for regular hobbyist, i would recommend glass over acrylic all day every day.
MRC does make glass tanks as well as acrylic.

I’m happy with my acrylic 540, seams are perfect , built to my specifics and with large drains and returns , my choice was a blue background, built local

I’m happy with my acrylic 540, seams are perfect , built to my specifics and with large drains and returns , my choice was a blue background, built local
Where is it from?

For that size I would strongly consider acrylic. Personally, I have heard way too many horror stories about large glass tanks failing to turn me off of glass construction in the 100+ gallon volume. I’d rather have scratches than a catastrophe. I also know an excellent acrylic guy.

I used glass cages. Fish Store helped me order and set it up 5+ years ago. Mine is a custom peninsula 72x24x30 - about 200 gallons. They made the stand custom too, just black steel. Been very happy.

Back