Looking for refugium mud??

codywylie

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone have any refugium mud for sale or know where to get some for a good price?? Or have any recommendations on what kind to get . It's my first refugium. I just ordered some cheato algea. Besides the mud and a decent light,what else do I need??

cody wylie lawrenceville

Best recommendation is can give is don't waste your money on that snake oil crap. Go with cheato and bare bottom or cheato and whatever substrate you'd put into a DT.

DawgFace;1074157 wrote: Best recommendation is can give is don't waste your money on that snake oil crap. Go with cheato and bare bottom or cheato and whatever substrate you'd put into a DT.

I couldn't agree more! :)

I've personally used Miracle Mud previously and currently have CaribSea Mineral Mud in my fuge. Do they have any additional benefits...?? I don't really know but it does make for a good substrate for my mangroves lol

DawgFace;1074157 wrote: Best recommendation is can give is don't waste your money on that snake oil crap. Go with cheato and bare bottom or cheato and whatever substrate you'd put into a DT.

this.
check out the lab results of miracle mud or mangrove mud or whatever. it is just very dense silicon sand. there is no fountain of youth sand or coral nom nom sand of neon awesomesauce.

go forth. and build your dsb!

I don't stock it for most of the reasons mentioned above. No real benefit of having the mud over plain sand. But I would with agree that bare bottom refugium is the way to go... You don't want it to turn into something that needs just as much work to up keep as the display itself. You want it to be as self sufficient as possible.

Jakub

Back