Looking for stand examples

superclown

Market
Reaction score
I am going to build a stand for my 37g cube.

My thoughts on my stand are to make it a little bit larger than the tank to allow for more sump room but I still want to keep the same orientation as the tank so it doesn't look strange. I want the stand to be tall so when im looking at the tank i don't have to bend down to look at it. (im 5,7) not too tall lol.

I need help finding some good plans or examples ive looked and just not seen much that has caught my eye. I want to build it so I can have plenty of space for a sump/fuge. I was thinking about a in additon to front open door also a side door for access. I have built stands before but I never built anything with a side door. on it.

I've always liked Dustin's work:

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51892">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51892</a>

Search through the Fish Scales Forum, too. Chris does great work as well!

Yah chris is already doing the work on my tank howeveri was unaware he built stands as well

Don't really have a name for it. I def want stained wood. Maybe something sleek and modern looking

Take my advice..... Get someone to build you a stand. I am building mine myself and I wish I'd just had someone who knows what they were doing build it for me.

tgriffin;612280 wrote: Take my advice..... Get someone to build you a stand. I am building mine myself and I wish I'd just had someone who knows what they were doing build it for me.

I have built stands before. Anything I can cut with a chop saw, or drill with a press. The only thing I can't do is stuff that needs to be cut with table saw or routed. I really can't stand just letting someone do something for me. Its not really about the money, its that I like to get involved and get my hands a little dirty. I sent Dustin a pm a couple of days ago, but yet to hear anything

SuperClown;612289 wrote: I sent Dustin a pm a couple of days ago, but yet to hear anything

He was out of the country for the past few days. I think he got back late sunday so im sure he ll chime in at some point

Ah.. ok well I think chris will have my tank at least for one more week before he gets around to finishing it. So its nothing that needs to be done in a quick and hurry. I figured he was just busy or had not had a chance to get on.

SuperClown;612289 wrote: I have built stands before. Anything I can cut with a chop saw, or drill with a press. The only thing I can't do is stuff that needs to be cut with table saw or routed. I really can't stand just letting someone do something for me. Its not really about the money, its that I like to get involved and get my hands a little dirty. I sent Dustin a pm a couple of days ago, but yet to hear anything

I'm right there with you. I always do things myself. I went out and bought a table saw for building my stand. I have no problem framing something and it being right. But I have found out working with plywood and expecting a furniture quality result is very tough at least for me. It will be strong and work. I just look at the quality of work that Grouper Therapy and redEDGE2k1 and wish it would look like the work they do. I'm just speaking for myself.....maybe I should have stated that.

Good luck. You can't go wrong with either of those two guys

I completely understand where your coming from I have built things before that didn't quite turn out "quality wise" ad I had liked.

SuperClown;612289 wrote: I sent Dustin a pm a couple of days ago, but yet to hear anything

I didn't receive a PM from you, so I just now saw this. Let me know if you still need a design and a builder, I can do either/both.

Dustin

Thanks Dustin I swear i sent it my computer must have crapped out. I will get with you on the details of it soon. Thanks

Back