Looking to do a reset

firethorn77

Market
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm looking to reconfigure my 120. I'm going to transfer livestock to a 40 breeder while I do it. My plans are to build a new stand and drill the tank for a proper setup. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hiya.
So what type of live stock are we talking here? Just fish? Corals (and of so what kind).

My initial advice would be to make sure you have what you need before you start. Also go ahead and build the new stand now. If the stand is ready you'll be able to do it all in a day.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

As far as livestock goes there are two clowns, a chromis, various snails and hermit crabs. Corals are mushrooms and Xenia mainly. I had planned on getting a jump on it today but things didn't go as planned. This will be my first attempt at stand building and making a sump. I hope to have it done over the next couple of weeks.

think ahead, be prepared for the worst case scenario, do everything you can before messing with the tank and have some help.
also think about the future, what ever you do now cost money so if your planning to expand or get complicated later on, take all that into mind.

your corals will be fine. Shrooms and xenia are nearly impossible to kill haha (I've tried!)

Back