Loosing inverts and now a spot on my wrasse

jenkins2212

Market
Reaction score
Ive lost my pepp over the weekend and now i have two more casualties, a hermit and a snail. And my sixline looks like he has something on his back top fin. Could this be ich? All levels are fine except ive raised my ph and lowered my salinity over that last week and a half. Could this be the problem?

Travis

I havent changed anything. Same water for water changes. i used some reef builder but thats it for additives. My corals are doing great now but my inverts are dying and i hope that my wrasse doesnt have ich.

not that i know of. The crabs ate the pepp right when he died. How long do i did the wrasse? Is it just plaing water straight out of the bottle?

Ok a "spot" on a fish is pretty vague... I would not FW dip until you can tell what type of spot it is. Can you provide more info.

If you have questions on FW dipping a fish, you can look here: http://www.atlantareefclub.org/wiki/Ich">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/wiki/Ich</a> In that long article that I wrote are step by step instruction on how to do it.

How much have you raised the PH or lowered the SG over the past week?

its a salt grain looking spot on his back top fin. He seems to be moving and eating fine so im not that worried right now but when im loosing inverts it starts to bother me.

Inverts die sometimes. Often of starvation and they don't necessarily live long anyways. They are pretty sensitive to changes though, so that might've been it. Who knows... I wouldn't get too worked about it yet though.

As for FW dipping a sixline... Good luck catching it. The process of catching it is going to be harmful in itself due to the stress involved. Wait and see what it is. No need to jump the gun yet, ich is typically not a big deal to a healthy wrasse.

dawgdude;71157 wrote: I was under the assumption that a FW dip wouldnt hurt the fish and could only help if there is a problem.

It is not that harmful to a healthy fish... The problem lays when people do not know how to do it properly and it is not for all illnesses. I do not advocate using it unless you KNOW there is a problem and to know that, you need more information, what does the spot look like, are any other fish affected. You must diagnose a problem before you can fix it.

FutureInterest;71163 wrote: No need to jump the gun yet, ich is typically not a big deal to a healthy wrasse.

Exactly, if it is Ich, me out of anyone believes that it needs to be fixed and erracticated from the system. But one "spot" is not enought to go off of. Spots that come and go or turn into more then one spot is. I do not advocate jumping the gun. While it is important to catch an illness early, taking the time to know what you got and setting up propert items to do a dip and QT are just as important. A FW dip does no good if you just place the fish back in the system.

The six line wrasse that went carpet swimming last week had a white spot on it's back by the dorsal fin three weeks ago. It had it for 3 or 4 days, then it just dissappeared. It was fine til it decided my floor was the place to be.

jefft;71210 wrote: The six line wrasse that went carpet swimming last week had a white spot on it's back by the dorsal fin three weeks ago. It had it for 3 or 4 days, then it just dissappeared. It was fine til it decided my floor was the place to be.

That white spot was a tiny parachute.

(unfortunately, the rip-cord failed)

Even if you know its ich, you're not going to resolve the issue by simply dipping a fish that has one spot.

That's just bad advice. :) smiley face to take the edge off.

THE SPOT IS GONE!!!! Sorry guys.... Guess the noobie jumped the gun:yay: Still got dying inverts though:yawn:

jenkins2212;71534 wrote: THE SPOT IS GONE!!!! Sorry guys.... Guess the noobie jumped the gun

Yay!!! always a good feeling when there's no longer a pimple on your wrasse......

:lol2:

Back