Lord of the Ring polyps

mc524

Market
Reaction score
I didn't have much luck with a small colony that I bought a while back, and but they were pissed when I bought them. I picked up a pair of polyps last week. They opened fairly quickly, but then the last few days they are open but not fully. Meaning I can see the disc but tentacles are not out. I have Captain America's about 6" away and about an 2-3" lower. Mind Blowing Polyps down in the sand about 10" lower, and and all zoas are extended. Just seems to be this pair. I read they liked a lot of light, and so they on one of the highest rocks in my tank. My LR just raises past the halfway point of my tank.
Lights are 3 50/50 Ecoxotic Panorama Pro's, and and 1 445nm blue strip. They are about 8" off the surface. I had the first colony at about a level halfway between the CA and MB colonies. So I am a bit worried at moving them down.
Feed Oyster Feast daily, and broadcast all other foods.
Have a look see.
uma9u3yr.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I have had these and they are normally bullet proof. Any light or flow. I keep mine at the top of the tank in medium flow...

If I put them on the tallest rock they might be a couple of inches higher at the most. Flow is low to medium where they are. Might be a tad more flow if I moved them up.

I'll echo Darren. They open crazy anywhere in my tank. They even do great in a (currently-neglected) nano tank with less-than-adequate lighting.

Maybe they're getting too much</em> light?

Well I moved them up higher. I will see how they do for a day. If nothing changes or they don't open as much... Then I will move them lower down where the others are at level wise.

Mine seemed pickier than most other zoa's as well. They ended up mid-tank under t5s with med flow and are happy now.

Rit told me the higher they are in the tank, the more brilliant they are. Well, i will see what they do by mid day tomorrow. Should know by then. I have another spot picked out a little lower than where they originally sat. These things are as big around as a nickel, so i really hope they find a place they are happy.

No chance anything is nipping at them or nudibranch?

Not that I have noticed. I dipped them with Revive before putting them in the tank.
Not sure if that would work on a nudi or not.

MC524;823112 wrote: Not that I have noticed. I dipped them with Revive before putting them in the tank.
Not sure if that would work on a nudi or not.

What fish do you have?

2 clowns
2 pj's
1 chromis
1 damsel
1 yellow Coris Wrasse

image_zpsd7f09ff3.jpg
alt="" />

This is mine and I have them about half way up and good flow. I would look for nubis or see if you are having alk swings.

For me, it seems that any play or zoa I put in the tank just hangs on for the first 4 or 5 months and then takes off over night. To me, they don't look like the are dying so I would just let them be and wait it out.

I am having some alk swings. A couple dkh 8-10. They seem to be the only ones that have noticed.

Back