Lost a Yellow Tang to Power Head!!!

coblerx4

Market
Reaction score
I am mad at myself! I have seen the warnings from other post about losing fish to the power head and thought it would not happen to ME. I have had my Yellow Tang over a year and it was the first fish I ever bought. Found it today sucked on to the power head. Any one know where I can find the covers to put on the power head? So that this does not happen again. Anyone have a 4inch tang that want to sell before my 5 year old sees that it is missing?

I HOPE SOMEONE OUT THERE WILL TAKE AND USE MY LEARNING EXPERIENCE BETTER THAN I HAD. RICK

Sorry to hear about your loss. Try using a bioball on the intake if you don't want to use a sponge or screen.

Someone else passed along the hint of putting netting over the power head and securing it with a cable-tie.

I'm looking at a ruler and guessing our yellow tang is less than 4 inches, so can't help you out. These are usually easy to find at the LFS though, I've heard.

So sorry about your loss.

:(

Cap Bay has some nice yellows. They have had them for a few weeks now. The one I got had no problems very clean.

I will check out Cap Bay. I guess it could have been sick. I just fed it last nite and it looked and acted ok. I will find a cover just to be safe. Thanks Rick

forumdisplay.php

I'm with Dawgdude on this one. A healthy fish that large would be strong enough to escape the pull of a maxijet.......

I know its hard explaining the circle of life to a young one, I did as you plan to do until my son was working on his third Betta, after that, well... He had to learn sooner or later or he was going to single handedly endanger the specie

Yah a maxijet 900 is no where near strong enough to kill a healthy tang let alone a damsel. The corpse was prolly free floating and ended up there. My condolences man.

Well this makes me fill a little better but know I have to wonder what happen. I thought it was doing so well.

Back