Lost tailspot blenny

Doberman13

Trustee
Staff member
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
My awesome little tail spot blenny disappeared today. He is in my 10 gallon tank so there is not many places for him to hide. I have a tightfitting acrylic top I made myself. When I went to feed this morning I put the pumps in feed mode and left the top up. He always comes out when the pumps turn off. My guess is that he jumped out after I was done feeding this morning and one of my dogs got him. If that is not the case what is the possibility of him getting stuck inside of a small hole in my rock work?

Man that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. Blennys are really cool fish to me, I really like them.

Blennies love to hide in small holes. Despite that he usually comes out at that time, I’d say there’s a fair possibility he is still there, just hiding.

Otherwise, it is possible (maybe less likely) that he got pinched/stuck/squished due to shifting rocks.

Just wait it out. Time will tell. I’ve had a goby disappear on me for 4 weeks before reappearing (although that is the most extreme disappearance I’ve had). Good luck!

I was just putting a red dragon in quarantine in my now empty 10g when I decided to move the chaeto and fuge light from my Aquaclear 50 HOB to my sump. after moving the little bit of media and chado I had in there I saw something move underneath the media basket. I found my blenny! his stomach is a little sunken in but other than that he looks to be in perfectly fine health I don't know how he was able to get back underneath there and how I didn't see him the first time when I looked through it.IMG_20190818_160515.jpgIMG_20190818_160821.jpgIMG_20190818_161106.jpg
Sorry for the last picture quality, Right in the center You can see his head sticking out of his favorite spot in the rock

So glad you found him! And you blamed the dog for eating him! (I have done that...so funny) They are one of my favorite fish, so much personality.....wonderful this had a happy ending!

Back