Lost the Drain Plug on Skimmer Cup!

texhorns98

Market
Reaction score
I'm not sure "how" this happened, but it did. I'm not quite ready to run a tube to a collection jug...any ideas of what to replace it with? Right now I have a wadded up paper towel stuck in there!:eek:

I guess at that price, I'll just buy several sizes and see which one fits. Any idea what section at HD they are located in?

Jess, my cup doth not runneth over just yet, but yea there exists copious amounts of swill. Dost thou care for a swig?

ares;335215 wrote: they are with the hardware/fasteners. aisle of draws and such.

you can probably get a replacement cap... Id presume it to be a standard threading, probably half inch? you can get a 1/2" thread plug in the PVC aisle too.

Nah, this was like a little rubber stopper. Maybe 1/4 inch OD. I'll get by there this evening. Thanks guys!

Duct Tape...if you can't Duck It, &$*% IT!!

You'll find it at HD if it initially looked like a rubber stopper. All kinds of sizes there. They are located where the bolts are...with the pull out drawers.

Had no luck finding a rubber stopper. Found some nylon "hole plugs", but I'm not sure they are water tight. I bought 4 different sizes and ALL of them are too big. BTW, duck tape does NOT work for long. I came home today and it was dribbling out of the tape seam.

Tex which Reef Octo do you have? I have several rubber stoppers at work. I can check tomorrow and see what the smallest is. If I find one small enough I can mail it to you....I have the Extreme 250. I think that's the one you have too?

I have the Extreme 160, but I think the drain plug size is probably the same on all of them. As we speak, I just managed to cram one of these nylon plugs in there. It just needed to be flexed a little. I'm going to water test it in the sink. I'll let you knw if I need a better fix, but I certainly appreciate the offer!! :)

Stacy, the nylon plugs are not working. I've put duck tape over the nylon plug and there's only a very slow and small drip now. I'm afraid I'll need to find a solution tomorrow, but I appreciate your offer to help! I have a bunch of wine corks that I can Dremmel down if need be, but I have to imagine there is a rubber plug out there somewhere that will fit!!

They are in those pull out cases with the flip lids....right next to the nylon screws. There is only 1 or 2 cases so you need to look for them. Oh well.

Trey you may want to check with Einstiens, he's got alot of Octopus equipment coming in and he may have a plug to spare.

Back