Loud Mak4 external pump....dampening options?

oz

Market
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a 1/2" thick rubber pad or equivalent material to place my external pump on? Right now the constant hum/vibration is loud outside the cabinet.

Also, where can I buy that egg crate foam looking stuff to cover the open areas of the back of the stand?

I bought dynamat to line the cabinet with but I don't think that will deaden the sound enough for me.

if its a mag 4 you can use it in the sump as well to dampen th esound or go with an ocean runner very quit pump its what i use now

I had a MAG12 in my 125. Now in the new 155, I have an external
<span style="font-family: Arial;">Gen-X PCX-40 (Mak4) 1190 gph 22' (6.8m) 3000rpm 3/4" MPT / 3/4" MPT.</span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;"></span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;">The stupid dynamat was $120, I should take it back and get a ultra quiet external pump huh?</span>

you could have got a use snapper for a little more and you cant hear it with you ear next to it

Eggcrate can be found at home depot or lowes in the lighting section. Look for light difusers.

Queit pumps are Eheims if you want the queitest I have heard.

Foam is over the dynamat should work well. Dynamat can actually make the noise louder actually.

thanks.

The Eheims I see online only go up to 900 GPH.

Cameron;121566 wrote: Eggcrate can be found at home depot or lowes in the lighting section. Look for light difusers.

Queit pumps are Eheims if you want the queitest I have heard.

Or not heard!:lol2:

I use old mouse pads

If you want something thicker, they sell rectangular pads in the garden section of your local home center that are used to kneel on when gardening. I have one under my skimmer, works great.

Ive used those grey/black interlocking floor squares stuff and scotch brite pads before, but the kneel pad stuf is a good idea.

Back