Lowering Water Level

patrick214

Market
Reaction score
How do i rig my overflow to have a lower water level..I need it to be lower so i can make waves without sloshing out of the tank and over the center brace....Someone mentioned lowering the grate on the overflow....not to be stupid but what is the grate and how do i lower it?

here is a drawing.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
101142=6322-grate.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
101142=6322-grate.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="grate.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

you can cut it i believe?

you are trying to lower the water level in the whole tank right?

also lets see some pics to see if we are on the same page.

Yea i need it like 2 inches lower and I dont wanna flood my sump.....I would post some pics but my camera is being fixed and tank is dark anyway....What would the best way to cut it?

How much water do you think two inches less water will pour into my sump on a 6 foot long 24 inch wide tank?

And how much should i cut it to get the water level i need? Best to cut slowly and measure depth reduction? Man this seems harder than i thought nothing in this hobby is easy i guess lol...

well first off let me say that i would not cut into an overflow to lower the water level. secondly just take out the extra water that flows into your sump.

I didnt think cutting would be the way to do it until someone mentioned it....Im lost this is getting frustrating Ive been trying to figure this out for days....

You can adjust the height to some degree in some tanks by decreasing the flow from your return pump. This isn't the case in all tanks, but that's how it works in my tank.

Otherwise you're going to have to break out a file and cut into the grate. :(

The overflow I have is adjustable so that I can lower the box inside the tank and that would do the same thing. Then remove the extra water and everything should be ok.

Linda Lee;101167 wrote: :(

Have you ever tried to draw something in paint...IT AINT EASY!! I tried after I saw this...think blinds looks better :)

Does remind me of etcha scetch though....Loved that thing lol:thumbs:

Back