Lowes has aquarium silicone

dakota9

Market
Reaction score
The title kinda spews it all, but was at Lowes today and noticed they had silicone sealent for aquariums for 4 bucks and some change (Petco sells the same thing for 9.99).

Since it has a long shelf life, I went ahead and bought be some just incase the need arose.

Just thought I'd give the heads-up.

I've been buying slicone at Lowes for 20 years, just makle sure it pure with no mildew inhibitor added. Ken

Look for GE silicone 1 Lowes, Depot, even Wally world has it sometimes

fishfarm;317977 wrote: I've been buying slicone at Lowes for 20 years, just makle sure it pure with no mildew inhibitor added. Ken

The brand I was reffering to is labeled for Aquarium use.</em>

GE Silicone I rubber silicone for windows. I've used it for years. That type ONLY. It has no anti-mildew chemicals in it. Cheaper and comes in the size for a caulking gun for big jobs :)

Yup, bought my silicone from lowes, DAP brand, for my tank... been there a lot too. lol

Went by lowes and they did not carry the aquarium sealent. I do have some of the type I that I used before.

Roundman- did you check where the super glues and other adhesives were? Should be on the same aisle with silicone, at least that is where my lowes places it.

Back