Lumenarc Vs. LumenBrite

krb

Market
Reaction score
Which one is "better". I am going to be getting a new reflector for a SE 400W setup. It will light a 4' x 4' frag tank that will be 8" deep. Does anyone have any experience with either or both.

For youe application the Lumenarc III would be your best bet. The LumenBrite is more of a Direct light,and the Lumenarc will give you the spread you need to light up a 4'x4' . At only 8" you could probably get by with 250W 10k bulb with good par,depending on how high you have to lift the reflector to get the spread you want..

you could either of the two. The advantage of the LB's are you can raise them higher so heat wont be an issue and you'll still get outstanding PAR values. LA's if raised high will spill a lot of light outside the tank. But reading your post an it looks like you only want to get 1 reflector. I'd say LA it will give you a spread more than the LB. If you're getting two, I'd say get the LB's for more punch and PAR.

One is not "better" than the other - as glxrtix said, a lumenarc will give you more spread than a lumenbright - LB's are just more focused. Therefore, it depends on the size of your tank and the depth you're trying to reach with the light.

I appreciate the advice. It looks like the Lumenarc will be the one.

Back