Lumenmax Elite Setup

mockery

Market
Reaction score
So I just got my new Lumenmax Elite (Thanks Tim!!) And the plug to the elite and my PFO ballast are different. Anything I can do besides splicing the end of the ballast??

Thanks,
Colin

Mockery;390917 wrote: So I just got my new Lumenmax Elite (Thanks Tim!!) And the plug to the elite and my PFO ballast are different. Anything I can do besides splicing the end of the ballast??

Thanks,
Colin

Nope......splice away! I've had to do that on all my reflector/ballasts, and they were the same manufacturer (CoralVue).

It could worse Colin.. I cut the sunlight supply ends off then a week later my ballast went kaput and the new ballast was a blue wave 7 made by SLS and I cut the ends to short to splice them back on.. I had to buy new plugs even though I had them already because I am a dummy and cut them too short.. :)

Ok so then what is the trick to splicing. Kinda scared to try it.

Match white to white, black to black and green to green.. Use some but splices or wire nuts and tape it all up or use some heat shrink if ya got it..

Ok cool thanks Doc. I guess this will be my project after class tomorrow!

You can cut the ends off of both and put the heavy duty connections from Hd and then there is no splice. just a mechanical connection.

Back