M2 powering off?

jman930

Supporting
Reaction score
One of my return pumps (ecotech M2) keeps powering off. I have a spare controller and it does the same when I use it. I took the pump apart to see if it needed cleaning. there wasn't anything that should prevent the pump from running. anyone else experienced this? the pump is a couple years old. what are the odds of getting an RMA?

RMA is a 0 chance. But they will repair for a fee. See if there’s a known issue. Maybe an easy fix like a clog from something and shuts off for self preservation. I would definitely try disassembling and clean it first before all else.

ugh....I feel stupid.....I was doing some cable clean up and I apparently swapped my M2 and M1 power adapters. swapped them back and the M2 works fine again.....LOL
Lol always something simple that stress us out. I’ve plugged my apex into a light switch outlet before and almost killed my tank flipping the switch before going to bed :)

I did the same before and connected my Reef Octopus return pump to the skimmer pump power supply, very reduced flow 😆

Back