macro grazing for tangs

reeferj

Market
Reaction score
Thinking about setting up a little area in the far side of my tank for display macro that could also be used for supplemental feeding for some tangs. Any ideas? Has anybody tried something like this before? Thanks

I'm tagging along because I've thought about this as well. I have a 115, with a little room to spare.

thats kinda what i was wondering, if there was a macro that the tangs would feed on, but not consume all at once?

someone needs to come up with a seaweed sheet dispenser like a roll of scotch tape.. :)
I have to feed sheet pieces several times a day or the tangs act like they are starving.

They eat.

If I get rocks that have algae on them I can set them in the tank overnight and in the morning they are spotless.

He may not eat it all at one time but through the day he will go back and back and back.

I threw in some red gracilla for my tang the other day and he slurped it down like spaghetti.

I grow macro in a tank which I'm allowing to age for seahorses and feed my lawnmower blenny and yellow tang in the 72 a bit each day.

This picture is the lawnmower at the glass begging for his daily feeding of macro.

Neither the blenny nor the yellow tang stop until every millimeter of algae in the tank is consumed.

Back