Macro rocks

cment

Market
Reaction score
I recently got some new macro rocks and will be using them for my new upgrade and have read some issues with them leaching phosphates and wanted to know everyone's experience with macro rocks. I was considering giving them a muric acid bath to reduce any phosphate issues. What does everyone think? Where could I find muric acid this time of year?

I have bought it from the big box home improvement stores before: in the pool section.

Do you mean Marco rock?

If so, I used it without a problem. Just right out of bubble wrap into the tank. All my rocks I put into tank is always dryed and never a live. And I now always use Revive on anything that goes into my tank. Hopping for no pest. So far I am pest free.

cment;1004320 wrote: I recently got some new macro rocks and will be using them for my new upgrade and have read some issues with them leaching phosphates and wanted to know everyone's experience with macro rocks. I was considering giving them a muric acid bath to reduce any phosphate issues. What does everyone think? Where could I find muric acid this time of year?

I used 100 lbs of Marco Dry rock with 25 Lbs live to start off my aquarium. I cycled my tank and had all the normal symptoms/stages during and after the cycle. I really enjoyed the shape and how easy it was to aquascape. Mine has really matured and colored up over time from the white it used to be. I don't have any experience with muric acid so no input there but this is a great dry rock.

I have use Marco rocks with no ill effects. I just rinsed with RO water.

dball711;1004362 wrote: I have use Marco rocks with no ill effects. I just rinsed with RO water.

I agree, a good soak in ro water before putting it in a tank to cycle would be very beneficial

Back