Macroalgae problem

Akash

Market
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have some dragons breath in my tanks and I’ve noticed over the past week that it’s getting smaller and smaller. After looking closer I’ve noticed that there are big pieces of it laying near the back of the tank. I am wondering if it could be my blue legged hermit crab I have recently added. I know it is not flow because it was fine for the past 2 months I’ve had it in the area. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose it could be crabs but that wouldn't be my first thought. How long have you had it? When I've had a tank with macro algae in it, it would do really well until it pulled too many nutrients out of the water. At that point it would die back or stop growing. The nutrient levels would rise a bit and the process would start all over. The more there is, the more it sucks nutrients out of the water. I would note that I have some macro in my frag system and the dragon's breath seems to do alright with lower levels of nutrients.

I have had it for around 2 months and the bio load in my 30 gallon is not a lot at all as of now. I currently have a pair of clowns and a fire fish in the tank. Too less nutrients might be the problem. Never thought of that. Thanks everyone. I’ll try to see if it gets better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back