Mag 9.5 question

ouling

Market
Reaction score
I know it gets about 800gph at 5' head (?). But what i want to know it how much flow would be actually restricted if i was to use 1.25 pvc on bottom but end the thing into a 3/4'' on the top end. I'm not going to do calculation about flow rate and pressure which takes too much time.

Just tell me is it enough to make a difference in my life? 1.25 will definitely flow more water, but it does not produce much pressure when it shoots out the nozzle, so if i'm only loosing like 50gph then i can live with the extra pressure and jet stream.

Thanks

I don't think you will lose any measurable gph from reducing the output to 3/4" after 5' head on that pump. The pump might run a tad bit warmer, but that will likley be it if anything at all.

BTW that number seems a bit high for 5' of head unless a good part of it is not vert. Probably more like 700-750 I would guess.

Ya my Mag 9.5 was getting about 750 GPH at about 5' when I had it as my return. I am not a flow person as much as Cameron but I agree, you should not loose much vs keeping it 1.25" all the way up, the pump is made to push 3/4" all the way up. If anything you will limit the force out of the end of the return but not the gph. Remember force does not always = GPH...

good advice, it just saved me $10 and 30 mins. Thanks

The mag drive actualy does not loose much flow at higher pressure if you look at the chart, unlike other pumps which flow 800 but have a max head at 5'.

Back