Magnification coolness

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
How cool is this thing from IVS

The portal;)

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/10/27/portal-viewer-magnify-corals-acro-ids/">http://reefbuilders.com/2010/10/27/portal-viewer-magnify-corals-acro-ids/</a>

I want one, but I'm balling at the $80 price tag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seen one of these in action. Instantly; it went to the top of my bucket list / Christmas list. How about; I'll PM you my address and you just purchase two of them? I can wait until Christmas to open up the package :D .What do you think Brandon? Sounds like a Great Idea? :thumbs:

Wannabee

Hmm u donate 150$ and I'll buy two then ship you one

Ill find something to eBay and buy one haha. Time to sell some old ps4 games;)

This may be a Great item for a Group Buy? Everyone needs at least one of these Portals! You can get up close and personal with your fishes to check for early signs of disease/sickness. Not to mention the closeup of your corals in the preventative management of your colorful and growing corals.

Wannabee

I sucked it up and bought one despite the price tag, don't regret it, very cool thing

john_shay;1047313 wrote: I sucked it up and bought one despite the price tag, don't regret it, very cool thing

Same here, also bought the long sense and you can see deeper into the tank with it but at a loss of magnification...I put the regular lens back in. This is very cool and I use it every day!

Bcavalli;1047281 wrote: I love mine! If you add the long lens you can see all the way to the back of the tank.

Loved looking through this at Brett's, i think my kid liked it just as much. I am waiting until christmas since I don't have much in the tank other than fish and a couple corals :) Plus my wife always complains I give her no ideas for christmas.

bkostuch;1047330 wrote: Loved looking through this at Brett's, i think my kid liked it just as much. I am waiting until christmas since I don't have much in the tank other than fish and a couple corals :) Plus my wife always complains I give her no ideas for christmas.

Christmas is soooooo far away though.
But yea my wife always says the same thing, or I just get what I want and nothing is left to gift haha.

Marlon had problems with one of these, think his started to rust out. May not want to leave it in the tank all the time...

ghbrewer;1047337 wrote: Marlon had problems with one of these, think his started to rust out. May not want to leave it in the tank all the time...

It is something to keep an eye on. The inside piece started to bulge out. He called them and they replaced it immediately. I haven't heard of anyone else having that problem yet.

They also commonly scratch the piss out of glass and acrylic when moved.... be careful.

DawgFace;1047341 wrote: They also commonly scratch the piss out of glass and acrylic when moved.... be careful.

wow... that would suck.. I wonder if you could put something else on the back to help it not be so abrasive

SnowManSnow;1047342 wrote: wow... that would suck.. I wonder if you could put something else on the back to help it not be so abrasive

Definitely keep an eye on grains of sand getting trapped. Like Jesse said it will scratch the crap out of the glass if your not careful.

SnowManSnow;1047342 wrote: wow... that would suck.. I wonder if you could put something else on the back to help it not be so abrasive

Not sure, never had one. Just every store that has either he large do not touch signs or the scars to prove from them. But maybe that was earlier models and the new have improved.

I too had my original one rust out and begin to separate. I now inspect it during water changes. This was covered under warranty though. I only had a week or so left on the year warranty when I noticed it. I lucked up and was in the window.

Cool though? Any cooler it would be a block of ice. Everyone checks it out.

Back