making food...

jaydm93teg

Market
Reaction score
ok guys im going to kroger in about an hour or 2 can you help me put together a list of stuff to buy to make my own food:

i would like this to be able to feed my reef tank and my predator tank if possible if not let just make this for my predator tank, this will be my first time ever so lets try not to make it really complicated if i can just buy stuff put it in a blendor and then lay it out flat in a freezer bag and break pieces off as i need them that would be great so if you have a sec. to add something to the list lets hear it!!!!!

Thanks ARC

Farmers market or Super H mart is much better and cheaper then Kroger. You want to go to the seafood department and get the "seafood mix". It has Shrimp, Oyster, Clam, Mussles, Octopus, and Squid in it. Make sure the shrimp is raw. It should be like $3.00 a lb. Freeze all of it. Place it frozen in the blender with a little bit of tank water. You want it to be like paste, not liquid. (Liquid will freeze too hard for you to break up later. Place it in gallon freezer bags only about 1/4" thick when layed flat. Get all the air out and freeze flat. Then just break it out when you want it.

ok so suppose i cant get to the farmers market tonight....will kroger have the seafood mix you speak of?

jaydm93teg;245708 wrote: ok so suppose i cant get to the farmers market tonight....will kroger have the seafood mix you speak of?

Doubtful

I like to buy small filets of tuna,salmon or similar to toss in as well. You can also add nori,cyclopeze,selcon,garlic extract.............

hmmmm.....not looking to promising i dont even think i have a farmers market anywhere near me

The only time I have seen it at Kroger it was like $5.99 and the shrimp in it was cooked. You would have to throw out the shrimp in that case.

Kroger does have $.99 talipia filets and flounder filets in their frozen case. I usually by one to throw in as well. As Tyler said, that is the base recipe. From there I add stuff but you wanted a basic recipe! ;)

jaydm93teg;245715 wrote: hmmmm.....not looking to promising i dont even think i have a farmers market anywhere near me

Look for a Super H mart near you...

dont think there is one of those here either, i have lived in fayettevlle for 15 years never heard of super H mart and im pretty sure farmers market is like 30 min. away

looks like im making my own mix

raw peeled shrimp
talipia filet
flounder filet
tuna filet
oysters
clams
octupus
squid

do they sell all this at kroger i dont think i have ever seen squid or or clams at kroger...

jaydm93teg;245715 wrote: hmmmm.....not looking to promising i dont even think i have a farmers market anywhere near me

It's probably about 25 minutes to the Dekalb Farmers Market. If you've never been it's worth the trip.
a>

There is a Super H mart in Riverdale: Tel : 678-435-0909
6335 Hwy 85
Riverdale, GA 30274

They close at 10pm.

The only reason I shy away from Tuna is because of the salts and preservitives they use to keep it looking fresh and the red color that is added to it.

ooooooooo now i know what your talking about.....man im retarted super H mart....WOW my fault ok so super H mart has that seafood mix you were talking about? do you have to ask for it or is it already bagged and ready to go?

Ya Super H has it... Most of the time you can find it either in the case or already packaged. If not, you can mix and match out of their cases. If you want to add fish too, that is the place to do it. If you want to go cheap, get a fish head or two and blend it up. Odd and end fish chunks are cheap too and as long as they are from SW fish, they are fine to use. Super H is the place for all those nasty bits that make good fish food!!!

showpost.php

haha yeah i have an old blender i dont use anymore and i just figured i should start feeding my fish good home made stuff instead of the frozen cubes and pellets. how do yall feel about silversides and krill?

Back