man made live rock

spike

Sponsor
Reaction score
Here are some pics of rock that I have made. The first pic is some of my oldest rock. Made last easter and in tank since late July. Piece to left is a large cave, and the piece to right is actually "fish" shaped, tail in sand. O.K. looks kind of like a fish. Third and Fourth pic is a new rock made in January, again a cave and fish, now you can see the fish, right. The last pic is of a rock I made last year. Hanging out in my frag tank at this time. Just wanting to share, got most of my idea from GARF website.

very nice, I'm actually in the process of doing that myself, need a "shelf" rock that is an odd shape. Looks good man.

I like it! Your first pic shows that the rock has been well-established with corraline and such, which looks great. Talk about a custom tank - all the way down to the shape of the rock.

Great work! That's some of the best DIY rock I've ever seen.... :up:

Thanks for the compliment. I wish I could find a way to drop the PH to be able to use sooner in tank.

Whew! That is REALLY nice rock! You know the cool thing is you, live close to me so we can make some together! LOL. We really should though!

Sure Bryan, my extremely messy garage is were I make the rock. Usually done on warmer days. I will try and post a few more of my rock. I made a arch that broke. But still looks good in my tank.

Cool! Let me Know when we can do this. I really want to learn how! I really like the first rock! I'll pay for everything if you let me hang out with ya. lol

You wouldn't want to hang out with this old man you are closer to my daughters age. But maybe we can get some more people interested, get together and make some rock.

yeah I would lol. Thats how you learn. Thats cool, so about your daughter how old is she? No im kidding. Anyone else?

I would be really interested in a get together. I want to create some moulds of the better pieces as well.

Ha I knew you'd want to Cameron! Can we make a piece like the one in the first picture?

I would love to learn how. Totally custom aquascape would be amazing. I live in the "Net" as well.

a>  They have everything!

Back