Manifolds- let's see them!

Doberman13

Trustee
Staff member
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
I am currently plumbing my 72 gallon bowfront and want to utilize a manifold. I know a few of our members have awesome, clean looking setups. I would love to see y'alls!

This is what I have so far. I need to figure out how to support the weight.
20201223_173836.jpg

I am currently plumbing my 72 gallon bowfront and want to utilize a manifold. I know a few of our members have awesome, clean looking setups. I would love to see y'alls!

This is what I have so far. I need to figure out how to support the weight.
View attachment 35416
I highly suggest you use gate valves if you're doing a manifold. It's pricier, but much easier to tune and I feel like less pressure on the manifold because those ball valves are a PITA to turn! I feel like I'm going to break the dang pipe sometimes just turning it on my mixing station setup.

Thats a good point, I'd rather do it now rather than being stuck later. I have already spent almost as much as the wall materials just on pvc parts so might as well. I'll go back to home depot today.

Thats a good point, I'd rather do it now rather than being stuck later. I have already spent almost as much as the wall materials just on pvc parts so might as well. I'll go back to home depot today.
Home Depot doesn't have PVC gate valves. You can get them on Amazon though.

For pipe support, you can use the clamp style with threaded rod for the piping coming off the back of the tank. There's pics of that and the manifold in my old build thread. The posts are all out of order but there are plenty of pics. You can get the clamps at Lowes, not HD. They're galvanized but after a year or so I had to replace them because the zinc was flaking off. I pained the replacements.

Under the tank support I recommend J-Hooks.

Oh great... now I'm second guessing my use of the white PVC and want to make it out of the gray pvc

Please excuse the cords. I have not built a side compartment to hide them and i plan on putting a switchable power rack in it.

But you can see the two "t's" that are capped off for future use. I plan on hooking my UV sterilizer up and probably a frag tank. Its simple and works.
81b43fbf800e5aebeb28656b6bd3c322.jpg

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

I bought NVENT clips for mounting PVC pipe with, available from several sources online-

Google- clip pvc pipe

Last edited:
This is what I have so far. Still waiting on the gate valves from Amazon.
20201226_193926.jpg

I didn't want to drill the hole through the stand but it makes everything look much cleaner. If I ever need to pull the manifold down I'll have to cut the pipe and put a coupler on.
I found some plastic conduit retainers that work pretty well to hold the manifold up.

Back