Manjano nem

shromy

Market
Reaction score
Anyone ever seen one that was clear bodied with white tips? I just found something that looks really close to them but does not have the same colors I am finding on the net.

glass anemone...i get those; almost clear you have to squint to see the darn things.

could be possible, thing is I have never really looked into them since I have been lucky to not get them till now.
imgres

If aptaisia or majanos, get some Joes Juice ands kill them as you see them.
Dave

after spending a bunch of money on Joe's Juice (kinda works), Ap X, Nudi's, peppermint shrimp, I have found (Thanks Barbara) a much cheaper & better method. Mrs. Wages pickling lime from kroger mixed with ro to make a paste (like wasabi sauce). Use syringe as needed.

Thanks for the info , will most likely kill them. Wish I could get a good pic so I could get a "for sure" answer, as all the pics I'm finding do not match what I have. Just like to further my knowledge when possible. Thanks again for the info guys.

I tried all the juices and pastes... They seemed to multiply even faster, as if I were fertilizing the darn things...

I had to resort to a Raccoon Butterfly, he has single handedly erradicated all visible signs of em in my 125 display in a month! I literally had thousands of em...

It could be a rock anenome. I can't find any good pictures of it, but either way, I wouldn't take any chances - kill it.

I'm all for a NATURAL enemy of these manjano since they are taking over my friend's tank. WHERE did you find the Raccoon Butterfly? Is this a REEF safe fish? Does it get along with other softies and other fish?

Thanks,
Shane

chicagoman_35;274765 wrote: I tried all the juices and pastes... They seemed to multiply even faster, as if I were fertilizing the darn things...

I had to resort to a Raccoon Butterfly, he has single handedly erradicated all visible signs of em in my 125 display in a month! I literally had thousands of em...

I tried a racoon butterfly in my reef and he did a super job eradicating the aiptasia.................blue and red mushrooms ,polyps,clam mantles etc. I have a copperband now that has done a good job ridding my tank of aiptasia. I actually keep some in my sump to feed him .

i have let several large Majano have one rock on my display

Does this mean they are staying put ok? Im guessing they stay small and split frequently? Aiptasia will send out spores or something of the like seeding the whole tank. These Majano anemones dont do that?

Thx amaboles!
Sounds like an adventure. Gotta love living on the edge. LOL I think the look cool too.

I have a tank full of them and I do use the pickling lime and yes it seem to make them grow faster if I don't stay on top of it.

Right now I am doing a major over hall on my tank and everything is in a fish pond(thanks to the donation from Barbara) awaiting my husband to get up and help me put it back in the tank. I have shot a few of the blasted anemones this morning but I have so many of them I think its a loosing battle. When I get things put back together this afternoon I will post a photo of the darn things.

Blessings
Sherry

Back