Mantis Gone...No I am Heartbroken.

darren24

Market
Reaction score
Many of you know me (Darren) and know that I have had a hitchiker peacock mantis in my tank for a year or so. He has taken out all of my snails and some shrimp but I put up with him. I set a bottle trap last night and all that I caught was my cleaner. Anyway today I saw the mantis in an "accessible" rock so I slid a net under it and pulled it out. I got a container and flushed the LR with ro/di water (I was told that he would run out) but nothing. I waited 20 minutes and still no sign of him. Knowing that he was in the rock (about the size of a softball) I took it to the garage and lightly took a hammer and chisel to it. After cutting it in thirds there he was. I grabbed him with some tongs and put him in a slatwater container that I had readied for him. Then I noticed that when the rock broke it damaged the side of his head. He is still barely moving but he will not make it. Now I feel horrible. :(

ah man that sucks sorry to hear that. hopefully the damage isnt as bad as you think and it will survive.

Back