Marc Wiess' Additives

tsunami

Market
Reaction score
Has anyone tried any of his addatives like black powder or Vital DNA? Does it work and is it worth the money?

I use the Soft Coral Grow </em>formula. I can't honestly say it does anything noticable, but then again, my softies have all tripled in size in the times I've been using it, which is about 5 months.....

I have only heard horrible things. Most I have read says "waste of money". It's all heresay though, no personal experience.

I tried every single Marc Wiess product out there, even all the f/w stuff. I emailed the company when I was with a store to see if I wanted to carry any of their line. I even had a few emails back and forth with Karen Wiess trying to get some answers. The test tank was a 37g reef, well filtered with a 150w HQI 10k halide.

I saw black powder trigger a feeding response, but most of the product did not end up on corals. It triggered the response, but I didn't notice any extra growth, color, or health from the corals. The only other product that did anything was Bactor Boost from the organic line. It did eliminate NH3, but left plenty of NO2 in a new s/w fish only a coworker of mine was cycling.

I pretty much got nothing out of the products. I'm just glad I didn't pay for them. None of the products came close to living up to the claims on the bottle. Just stick to basic water parameters and forget about miracle products.

Yeah. It seems that there is no silver bullet. Just water changes and feeding. : )

I've tried them. They pretty much just polluted my water. waste of money. If you want the pollution, just pee in the tank. Atleast you know that it's sterile!

If it has Mark Wiess name on it... I stay as far away, as I can from it...

The soft coral grow never changed my water parameters, of coarse I use it sparingly. I'm going to continue to use it, as what ever I'm doing, most of my softies have doubled in size in the past few months...

Back