Marine Epoxy At Lowe's?

dakota9

Market
Reaction score
There was talk a few months back about locally available Marine Epoxys that could be used in a tank that was available at Lowe's or Home Depot. I'm trying to aqua scape and want a HIGH rock pile. It took a half a stick of Aquastick to clue two rocks together, at that rate, I'll have more invested in Aquastick than live rock.

Any clue? Any advice?

Thanks

Marine Epoxy doesn't necessarily mean reef safe epoxy. I doubt (seriously doubt) it will cause any problems, but it is possible for this stuff to be somewhat harmful to the reef environment as it cures. Formaldyhyde is often a by product of curing in many solvents. Not sure about standard marine epoxy though.

I've used Z Spar boat epoxy before. The reef still looks great. Here's a link.

product.do

Thanks! I found this stuff at lowe's , but was surprised that a 4 oz stick was still 4 bucks and change. Just as cheap to get the real reef stuff, as the reef stuff dries gray, lowe's stuff is blue!

Thank you!

Uh Dakota.....

Get creative with the blue stuff man....make some blue zoas or a blue candy cane....(sell them as LE's) sheesh man get in the game.

Dakota, I've heard of people drilling into the rock and securing them with acrylic rods (get the idea?) That could be an alternative to what you're attempting.

Oh, this is an old thread someone ressurected from a while back. I used some epoxy in on my rock, but this time I did it right sand had fewer problems with shifting rock.

When I sat up my new tank, I layed the first layer of live rock, then put in the DSB, and built on the. It's pretty stable this time around. Last time was a conversion from FO to FOWLR to reef, this time I started it with a reef in mind, and it turned out better!

Thanks for the input, now I need to go make some blue LE Corals.......

Back