Marine Fish :(

sprayin70

Market
Reaction score
I went to Marine Fish a few weeks ago to buy a fish. I asked about their CO2 tanks filled. They told me that it would be 99.00 filled the first time then 15.00 to exchange the bottle for a full one. This was for a 5 lb bottle. So today I went there to buy a 5 lb CO2 tank. I was ready to checkout when the guy told me it was 149.00 plus tax. I said "that sounds like a lot for a 5 lb bottle" so the guy went to check. They guy he asked looked at me and said "it was 149.00 plus tax". So I left and I will never return unless we have a meeting there. I think that is poor business and a disrespect to their clients.

You said you asked them about filling a bottle for $99 then $15 each time after. You didn't say buying the bottle then filling it. The bottle itself isn't cheap regardless of where you buy it. My suggestion is go to a welding supply store and buy the bottle, it won't be pretty, but its much cheaper. Then when it runs out, you exchange the bottle each time. I don't know if you have room or not, but most places only carry 10 lb bottles.
Richard

No, they said a one time fee of 99.00 then a 15.00 swap. That 99.00 included a new 5 lb bottle, filled with 5 lbs of CO2. Then you just swap out the cylinder for a full one and pay 15.00. I should have been more specific.

A little info on 5 LB CO2 tank prices:

Ebay- 66.90 shipped new aluminum bottle
Reefgeek.com- 79.95 shipped new aluminum bottle
Myreefcreations.com- 75.00 plus shipping new aluminum bottle.

So the first quote of 99.00 for a new 5 lb bottle with 5 lbs of CO2 in it is a reasonable price. Now 2 weeks later same thing for 149.00 is not a good price.

$15 for a 5# bottle is a little expensive....i pay $20 for a 10# refil..

I agree. My main point was that Marine Fish changes their prices to suit them at the time. I don't think that 2 weeks warrants a 49.00 increase in price.

Lets not bash an ARC sponsor here. There must have been some misunderstanding in the pricing, or you could have been quoted the wrong price the first time. I have a few questions about the situation...

1. Did you talk to the same person each time?
2. Did you even bring up the price you were quoted when you arrived to buy the tank?

Just want to know all the facts. Sorry for any problems that have arrised.

First I am not bashing anyone. I am stating what happened. Second I talked to 3 people. One of which I think was a manager or "important". Third yes I brought up the price I was quoted and they bluntly without any explanation said" nope it's 149.00 plus tax". Again I am not hating or bashing I am just stating my experience with them. I am only posting facts that's all. The only opinion I have expressed is that I will never go back unless we have a meeting.

I have never had a problem with them and I have bought ALOT of things from them so they always give me deals on things. Im sorry about your bad experience.

Alan,
I can clearly understand the bad situation that happened. I have bought many things over the years from them, as bryan has, and haaven't had a problem with them at all. Hope it all works out in the end.

I was just currious what had happened in more detail.

I will say when they get busy they do get a bit short or at least the guy with the towel almost always over his shoulder does. That said, I have bought a couple big purchases (my tank for one) and they have always been nice and gave me what I thought was a good deal if I waited for them to handle the other customers and the crowd to calm down a bit. The ladies and young men there are spectacular from my experience. I have been in at least a half dozen times over the last few weeks as well.

I say give them another chance. They are not only a sponser, but give one of the best discounts to the club.

I agree with Cameron. I also bought one of my tanks there. I also Bought my $900.00 light there as well as a bunch of other things. I have always had a good experince going there. Robert is a very helpful and nice guy. I suggest you talk to him.

I have always had good service there, but obviously your's is a bad one.

Try a beverage company for a bottle rather than a welding company. Reason being, since the beverage company is dealing with food grade stuffs, there stuff is in better shape and cleaner. welding stores use many different gasses and do not have to keep there bottles in as good a shape. jmo; may not make much difference in the end.

I bought my tank online for $99 for twenty pounds there on sale now
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/tanks/co2.shtml">http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/tanks/co2.shtml</a>

I guess mistakes or misunderstandings will happen, I think by the response's it shows that Marine fish IS a good place, I live 150 miles away so I cant get there much but I love the store and have always had good expieriences shopping there. I bet if you talked one to one with the manager they will make it right.

I just bought a 10lb bottle from beverage factory last night. Great costumer service. 89.00 shipped.

Back