Marineland double bright for cichlid tank

vanished88

Market
Reaction score
I am going to have to buy a new light for my 120 that I am setting and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the marineland double bright fixtures. The tank is a mbuna tank and will not have any plants, but I would like to be able to grow algae in the tank for the fish to snack on. This light seems like a pretty good alternative to buying a 2 bulb T5 HO fixture since they are about the same price.

might work for one.... it wouldn't grow coralline in my 30L but it would grow hair algae..

I'm not sure of the depth of your tank..

I've got a 36" doublebright if you're interested... (yes, I know it wouldn't span the length of your tank..

mine's much cheaper than new.. $80.00

is it the 36-48 inch one or the 24-36 inch one?

the 24-36 inch run $93 and the 36-48 inch run $118 both on drfostersmith.com

I did a 20k 400 wayy halide on my90 cichlid tank and it looks real
Good. it pulls colors from the fish like.crazy. I need to post some pics

Vanished88;632394 wrote: is it the 36-48 inch one or the 24-36 inch one?

the 24-36 inch run $93 and the 36-48 inch run $118 both on drfostersmith.com
it's the 36"-48" fixture.. (light module measures about 34"-35", the legs expand 6" on either side..)

I didn't realize it had come down that much.. I'd sell it for $60. I still have the box.

I will think about it, I live like an hour and a half from atlanta so it will cost me a ton in gas to drive down.

meet me at the April meeting and you can take a look at it.. (if you like/can make it)

I never thought of that I will let you know if I will be able to make it, I have chem lab in the evenings >.<

Back