MarkL

derek_s

Market
Reaction score
Hey, still looking at the Tunze 9002? I was reading up on them. Sound like nice lil pieces.

hey hightjacking this thread for a min what other powerheads you guys useing im thinking of a tunze 6025 or should i get the 6045

Well, I have 2 6025's but they are super strong. The tank can really get some current going with just one. If you are not doing any low flow corals at all you might be ok. I had to turn mine off cus my long stemmed type zoas/palys (like devils armor) were blowing all over. I'm prob gonna ditch some of my softer/lower flow stuff to replace with sps, but I have a few that I just really like.

I am currently having ok luck with a koralia 1, actually. Probably try a 2 or 3 sometime just to see if I can get a little more flow.

im ordering one if i dont find a used one in the next month. this guy seems to like his http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=143219">http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=143219</a>

for power heads i runing 2 k2s. i think im going to get one more k2 my sand finally quit moving around. im keeping my zoas near the bottom my armor of gods are right in fromt of my stock return about a 12 head piece and seem to like the flow.all my sps i got from rit are growing really good. starting to cover the frag plug i glued them to.

Dawg, wil K's work on a wavemaker? I had some on alternating timers, and they kept jamming/not starting properly. Does the wavemaker avoid this? I wonder because the tunzes do it too. And now that I have the ACJr, I was wondering if it would avoid this.

Mark, you just dosing 2 part? What kind? I'm having reef chemistry problems. Trying to get ph, calcium and everything re-stabilized. Seems I cant keep my calcium up. Mg test kit gives me different results every time... Bout to try something new. Doing a 50 percent WC in the morning..

im dosing as much as i can remeber . at least 5 times a week. using esv
b-ionic part one waiting 30 min and part 2. i wish i knew more about calcium dosers. i want my tank to be as hands free as pos. what are you using to clean your tank ? mine wants t spill if i dont shut pumps off.

oh yeah just put another k1 i had laying around with the 2 k2s so far its working great. i do plan on dropping by swc to pick up a k2 tomorrow. i didnt even have to take my sand out.:yay:

I was told maxijets seem to work really good with wavemakers although they are not as streamlined. You could always go with the new 12v koralias if your made of money.

Ks will not work on a wavemaker. As you are finding they will sometimes jam or even spin backwards. I think there is a controller for Seio pumps that will just vary the speed and make waves that way. I am not sure about that I have no personal experience with them.

Jason

Ah... I think wavemakers are overrated anyways... :)

I have considered the maxijets as well.. I have also thought about boosting the return pump up to something bigger too, or even taking a hit on gph with some hydor spinning flow thingies on a couple PH's. But who knows....

I run a hydor flow on my biocube29 and like it. Its a little bulky but gives a nice alternating flow. I have it hooked on my return.

dawgdude;177236 wrote: I had one tunze 6025 in it and my sand bed was being completely disturbed by it and my diamond goby was MAD. I dropped down to one K1 and might go with two K nanos on a wave maker. If I put SPS in there I will probably keep the K1 in all honestly. I have a moderate amount of flow in my 30 cube and my SPS in there has incredible polyp extension, amazing color and stellar growth.
I bought 2 k nanos and ended up giving them away. You can blow more water around by sticking you head in the tank and screaming. Seriously, they SUCK!

Back