Marlon's 93g cichlid build

myreefclub0070

Market
Reaction score
well as most of you know the 265 mixed reef was take off line :huh:cause of my new work load and don't have the time of present to keep up with saltwater, my plan was to downsize but decided to commit the extra time to the job.:boo:
seeing i can not do with out some sort of tank in the house, to many of your disappointments i have decided to go with a color full african cichlid tank to fill the void till we are ready to get back in.
So here is the build......

* 93 gallon cube 29" x 29" x 29"
* cherry finish stand and canopy
* 120lbs of base rock
* 80lbs of salt & pepper sand
* fluval fx6 canister filter
* full apex controller
* 2 - E-Live 30" led lights
* 300w hager heater
* 2 moon light led strips

* setup is presently up and cycling till we are ready to stock.
* cycling with seachem seed and a piece of raw fish i caught at the lake.
* planning on going to the freshwater club auction this month and getting all my stock there.

i know you all are disappointed :sad: it freshwater but i hope you enjoy the build anyway:)

here is the tank, i decided to go with a black film background and i did an egg create bottom so we don't have any rocks slipping and sliding on the glass.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Marlon, If it makes you happy, and gives you joy, Thats what its all about. I'm happy for you. Its still a glass box with electric in in it. LOL

MYREEFCLUB0070;1080085 wrote: here is the tank, i decided to go with a black film background and i did an egg create bottom so we don't have any rocks slipping and sliding on the glass.

Thats awesome,.

the stand.....
i sprayed leak stop (rubber spray) on the bottom of the stand to make a drip pan to keep water in if some how we got a leak of some sort.
fieldset>

Fishlips;1080086 wrote: Marlon, If it makes you happy, and gives you joy, Thats what its all about. I'm happy for you. Its still a glass box with electric in in it. LOL

what would make me really happy would be not to have to go to work for money so i can spend all my time with my tank or work a the Georgia aquarium and get paid for it, but can't win them all if any...lol

here is when tank meet stand .....
i think they were meant to be.
fieldset>

MYREEFCLUB0070;1080090 wrote: what would make me really happy would be not to have to go to work for money so i can spend all my time with my tank or work a the Georgia aquarium and get paid for it, but can't win them all if any...lol

Its settled, Someone who works at Georgia Aquarium give this man a job.:thumbs:

tanks stand and canopy filling and filled.
fieldset>

here is one replay good part about this deal is that i can always just pull the cichlids out of the tank and pour in 41 cups of salt and i have a saltwater tank once again, might be fish only with that filter but it will work.

Can't wait to see this tank running. This thread will bring some diversity to our majority saltwater hobbyists.

dasianguy;1080129 wrote: It's good to see the tank setup that I bought from you and never setup, lol!

and i'm sure at some point you will be buying it back...lol

this is my last cichlid tank that made me jump into saltwater.
fieldset>

MYREEFCLUB0070;1080089 wrote: the stand.....
i sprayed leak stop (rubber spray) on the bottom of the stand to make a drip pan to keep water in if some how we got a leak of some sort.

Have you used this before, if so, how well does it work? Seems like a really good idea to spray the bottom of any aquarium stand with this stuff (gotta be much cheaper than an acrylic drip pan).

dasianguy;1080181 wrote: Have you used this before, if so, how well does it work? Seems like a really good idea to spray the bottom of any aquarium stand with this stuff (gotta be much cheaper than an acrylic drip pan).

i use the rubber spray on all my tanks, in the stand and the canopy, saves the wood from water damage.

waiting, waiting, waiting..........
fieldset>

Back