Maroon Clown in Trouble?

jinar

Market
Reaction score
685870=32472-download.jpg
>
685870=32472-download.jpg
class="gc-images" title="download.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

i got this clown marron clownfish, basically for free when i purchased some other dried goods... and was told that he lies to just lay on the sand, which sounded a little weird... but i was cool with it.

so after few days here, he still lays on the sand, sometimes even sideways, he appears to be weak, even though he eats, but while trying to swim to reach the food, he just seems weak. his fins are either beginning to rotten or nipped not sure how to tell the difference. so he swims across the tank every once in a while, but goes back to the sand. he is quite small maybe 1.25"

what can I do for him? or is he ok?

That's very weird behavior if you ask me. I have 2 yellow striped maroons and they're always swimming even if it's just in and out of the anemone. And about the only time they go to the bottom of the tank is to kick the sand out from underneath the anemone.

I wonder if that's an injury from a fight or something. At least he's eating. That's probably a good sign.

I've had maroon clowns get nipped pretty good when trying to pair them and if its fin damage it tends to heal up in a few days on a healthy fish... so if thats not occuring then he may be weakened as you suspect. Keeping him in the best environment possible is probably the best you can do and hope he gets his spunk back. But someone with more experience may know the syptoms to tie it to something else (and hopefully treatable)

Yeah is just not normal... He appears to just look weak no other signs of disease... He makes an effort and swims to get food. So I'm hoping he will improve. He doesn't seem to be dieing.

So I noticed today that the purple pseudochromis I have is attacking the clown fish. I research on purple pseudochromis and read they could turn aggressive against similar shaped fish.

How shouldni handle this? Can they not be together at all?
Or should should I rearrange rocks or something like that?

His fins are almost gone I have seen the pseudochromis attack the clown. So I want to get rid of the pseudochromis trying to get him out tonight.

Back