Maroon Clownfish question

qasimja

Market
Reaction score
has anyone had success housing a maroon with 2 Perculas probably a dumb question lol but i want a maroon clownfish for this new setup but i also want two percula clownfish im probably setting my self up for disaster i guess :sad:

:fish:I would never mix any other clown fish with a maroon! they are notoriously very aggressive. And must be housed by a pair at the same time or by themselves:doh:

figured as much guess it was just wishful thinking lol

Qasimja;948036 wrote: 90g

you can sometimes by a mated pair of Maroons, but they will still become aggesive with clowns and other friendly fish, You can house them with tangs / and other fish that can defend themselves.

Ah OK thanks for the info I guess I will stick with 1 Maroon or a mated pair of maroons

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm not allowed to have Maroons till I get my FOWRL tank, which be the 90 after its upgraded.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

DestineyFoster;948075 wrote: I'm not allowed to have Maroons till I get my FOWRL tank, which be the 90 after its upgraded.

yea for this tank i want something different ive never had a maroon clown before so i wanted to get one

They are large and aggressive clowns. I've seen a female the size of my hand and she head-butted the glass because she could see me. They are mean. But as long as everyone they are will can defend themselves you should be fine. But they'd have to be the only clowns in the tank.

Would they get along with a squareback Anthia you think?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Now as to what they will or won't accept is a dice game. I dont know the best process to add those clowns if they should be first or last. So that you won't have to worry as much.

Back