Matt's 90g Tank

mhandley92

Market
Reaction score
Finally got the water change finished and everything semi cleaned up! So here it is... It's a 90 gallon 4'L x 18"W x 2'H. Will upload sump pictures once I get the refugium light situated and waiting for chaeto :D

matts_tank.jpg

Finally got to add fish today! Man these guys are a beauty and fun to watch. Both are totally happy and were racing to explore the tank. They do mostly stick together which is great! They are Black Ocellaris Darwin Clowns that my kids have named Olaf and Samantha from Frozen 2.

Olaf_Samantha.jpg

Hey guys! Long time no post, so I figured I'd give an update on the tank. I've continued doing tons of research and will probably ask lots of more questions soon lol.

2020-04-15-Matts-Tank.jpg

The tank has been running 3.5 months post-cycle now, so ~5.5 months total! I haven't added much life from the original picture. I picked up a few coral frags from members here over time, and have added those. I have refrained from adding too much because I wanted to make sure I could sustain everything long-term.

Equipment-wise, alot has changed. Since the first picture I have added:
Reef Octopus Classic 150-INT Skimmer
2 Jebao PP-8 Wavemakers
2 MarsAqua 300w LEDs
(Currently adjusted to 65% intensity on Blue, 35% on White | Blues turn on at 9AM, Whites on at 11AM, Whites off at 8PM, Blues off at 10PM)
Coralife Turbo Twist 6x UV Sterilizer (Just got the tank cleared from a hetarotrophic bacteria bloom | The tank had gotten super cloudy, couldn't even see the rocks | Running on an independent pump currently; cleared the tank surprisingly quickly)
Basic Light Hanger and 6500K LED light for Refugium (On a timer that coordinates with Blue's in main tank)

I think that's all. Should be adding a few more fish this week, and more stuff to come!

Back