Maxpect Mazarra trashed by a real DA, is it worth

spike

Sponsor
Reaction score
Reincarnating? I did not have it secured over a coral quarantine tank and accidentally knocked into the tank. You should have seen the light show, underwater LEDS sure make the colors pop. Got it out real quick (after unpluggging) and tried to dry it out. To me the Mazarra was a POS before it was knocked into the tank, that is why it was over a qt. It will now come on but only a few of the LEDS light up and has slowly become uncontrollable. My question is: Is any of the fixture worth recycling? I am lost about DIY LED fixtures, but did not know if the fixture housing would be worth keeping. I probably only used it a total of 45 days. Or should it all be pitched. The wiring insulation is coming loose from the plug and the power pack, can see bare wire. Straight out of the box I had to return the power cord to manufacturer for the same reason.

If you decide to trash it, I would like to have it. Been working on a diy fixture and I am considering retro fitting it to a premade lighting fixture shell. I live near you and could swing by any evening.

Take it from someone that had a similar experience with a PacificSun LED unit that I paid $1200 for.

The LEDs are likely all good. The circuit boards and drivers are likely what's shot - at least, that's what happened for me. After I replaced the circuits and driver, the LEDs fired right up... Been running them for several years now and the corals don't seem to notice.

If you'd like a hand give me a shout.

jbadd99;954809 wrote: Take it from someone that had a similar experience with a PacificSun LED unit that I paid $1200 for.

The LEDs are likely all good. The circuit boards and drivers are likely what's shot - at least, that's what happened for me. After I replaced the circuits and driver, the LEDs fired right up... Been running them for several years now and the corals don't seem to notice.

If you'd like a hand give me a shout.

Thanks for the advice. I might give it a shot.

Back