maxspect fx-150

mwbeach

Market
Reaction score
So I just won a drawing for one of these new maxspect fx-150 and I am very excited. Does anyone have any recommendations or heads up? Is it to much for a 30 gallon? Which is what I have now with a plan to upgrade in the next few months to a 60+

Thanks

It'll be a bit much for both a 30 and 60 most likely. Nice thing is that it is controlled, so you can turn it down.

Thanks. I am debating on just trading/selling it and use the money or trade for a new tank. Not sure what to do

I'm not sure it can be dialed back enough for a 60...most certainly not for a 30. Contact bcavalli....he's got one and can tell you first hand. If you end up selling...let me know.

It's an amazingly powerful pump even set at the lowest settings. I run mine on a 120DT @ 50% and it's plenty of flow for my tank. I would recommend selling and buying the new smaller version. I believe it's available for preorder now. Or save it for a future upgrade :). Congratulations that's an awesome prize!

I would hold off until version 2 comes out. I had a lot of issues with mine. Parts seem extremely cheap and flimsy. Mine stopped working after 8 days of use and I returned it. Just fyi

I agree with Grant and Jeff. I have a Maxspect 120 over my 60 cube. I run it at 50% as full power is too much for the tank. The 150 would definitely be overkill.

Back