Maxspect LED light problem

daniellin

Supporting
Reaction score
I bought a used Maxspect Razor 160 Watts LED light from a fellow reefer about a year ago. The blue lights have suddenly lost intensity but are still on. Does anyone know if these bulbs are replaceable? Hopefully, I won't have to buy a new light. Any input would be truly appreciated.

daniellin;1104752 wrote: I bought a used Maxspect Razor 160 Watts LED light from a fellow reefer about a year ago. The blue lights have suddenly lost intensity but are still on. Does anyone know if these bulbs are replaceable? Hopefully, I won't have to buy a new light. Any input would be truly appreciated.

I don't know very much about the Maxpect Razor LEDs, but I don't think the LED nodes them shelves are the issue since from what you are saying the the entire blue channel has gone bad. Not sure if that is a ballast/PSU issue or what.

I think your first course of action would be to get in contact with CoralVue and see if there is any trouble shooting you can do first to try and pin point the actual issue.

Thanks for your suggestion.

There are two channels. The white channel is fine, intensity up to 100%, but the blue channel is very dim, about 10-20% of its original brightness. It doesn't get any brighter than that.

aXio;1104754 wrote: I don't know very much about the Maxpect Razor LEDs, but I don't think the LED nodes them shelves are the issue since from what you are saying the the entire blue channel has gone bad. Not sure if that is a ballast/PSU issue or what.

I think your first course of action would be to get in contact with CoralVue and see if there is any trouble shooting you can do first to try and pin point the actual issue.

Ricky5415;1104769 wrote: Did the blue bulbs look really dark almost like black burn out tip?
No, still blue, just very dim like less than 10% even the screen shows 100%.

sounds like the driver is bad. CoralVue sells replacement parts. I'd contact their support team.

Back