Maxspect Razor Nano

jdavenp3

Market
Reaction score
Today I received the nano version of Maxspect's Razor and wanted to give off some initial impressions.

The build quality, aesthetics, noise level, and light output are great. I love the integrated controller. Very easy to set up and program. The light spread is right at 24'' at 6'' off the tank. So that fits my JBJ 30 pretty well. I could relieve some of the spotlighting that I have by raising it off the water some more, but for now I am good.

The only slight I have against the light is that, like other bracketed nano lights, it does not feel 100% sturdy. I have to push my light towards it's max adjustment to clear the sump area on my tank. This puts gravity against the light and makes it seem to be not as sturdy. With that said, there is no sag to the light and the bracket that attaches to the tank feels pretty nice.

Overall, pretty pleased with the light. Once I get corals under it I will really be able to tell how it stacks up against the other leds that I have had.

Nice! I've got the R4ZOR 120W 16000K model. I test fitted it on my 93g cube the other night, and I was thinking the same thing about the sturdyness of the tank mount. I wish they would've made the ends some kind of padded clamp, so it would adhere to the glass better.

Back