maybe ich

blind1993

Market
Reaction score
i am afraid that i might have ich on my yellow tang. she has 10 or so white spots but they are so tiny that they do not show up on pics. so if someone near by that knows what it looks like can comeover and tell me please do. they do not look nearly as large as what a fish i saw at a store had so i am uncertain so if anyone can comeover and tell me that would be a big help. i cannot pay in frags or anything since i dont have any and i am broke from buying a guitar.

ich looks like grains of salt, from what you are discribeing thats what it souds like ope its not but yeah may be ich

it is smaller than a grain of salt maybe like half. could it be from cold temp because over the weekend my sister wanted to piss me off so she upluged the heater. could that be a cause.

it has to be ich if she unpluged the heater the fish probably got stressed out he is a tang and they catch it easier than any other fish but that would also mean that you introduces ich into your tank at some point

I've had very good success fighting ich by soaking frozen foods in Seachem's Garlic Guard.

it is ich and she has about 20 dots. i am ordering the meds today i did not find it in any store at all. i also know which fish brought the ich and it died and i am guessing that is the reason. and guess what my sister get for doing this. she gets to go shopping. but kick ich is reef safe right?

you can get some at aquabuys he carries it in stock but if your planning of doing corals i wouldnt use it in my main display even though its reef safe good luck i would contack brandon and qt the fish if i were you all of them cause they will all get it or have it they just wont show signs of it if they are healthy and not stressed

who is brandon
also i am not able to qt all the fish since i would only be able to do a 20g tank and that wont surve the purpose. i will not being doing corals for at least 6 months till i have funds and permission. also what is the reason for me to contact brandon(just want to know so i can send him a correct pm whoever he is.)

any good places to get one and is a camel shrimp or a peppermint shrimp a good one. anyone selling.

well i am off for the night. my dad said we will make the shrimp food you suggested and add garlic to it. and go cleaner shrimp hunting on wed since it is a half day. thank you dawgdude and all others.

blind1993;80216 wrote: who is brandon
also i am not able to qt all the fish since i would only be able to do a 20g tank and that wont surve the purpose. i will not being doing corals for at least 6 months till i have funds and permission. also what is the reason for me to contact brandon(just want to know so i can send him a correct pm whoever he is.)

I am Brandon... I am going to suggest what I suggest to everyone: Read what I wrote on the subject here: http://www.atlantareefclub.org/wiki/Ich">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/wiki/Ich</a> It gets too much for me to explain what you need to do from step one each time someone has Ich. So please read it and I would be more then happy to answer any questions that you have about each treatment AFTER reading that.

Free advice: Kick Ich is worthless so save you hard earned money for a treatment that works (the best treatments are pretty much free!).

Back