MAYBE not all out

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
ok, so today I'm thinking of still selling my corals and such, but maybe not getting all out.

What is the best 40ish gallon cube out there? starfire rimless?

and .. and I can't believe I'm saying this..

what is THE BEST commercial LED lighting system that would light something that size for sps?

OR... is the verdict still out?

B

Check out the Elos tanks, and couldn't go wrong with Radions or AI Hydra 52s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Innovative marine Nuvo Fusion 40 may be just what you are looking for, if you don't mind an AIO.

unless you are going custom there arent too many 40 cubes out there. The closest I can think of is the 45g marineland. Did you want something rimless and RR? As for LEDs your price range will really decide the unit you get. I feel the best bang for your buck is the reefbreeder photon units. Theyre reasonably priced and I have been able to keep SPS without any problem.

ghbrewer;959580 wrote: Check out the Elos tanks, and couldn't go wrong with Radions or AI Hydra 52s

Still afraid of the big name LEDs for some reason.. not sure what route to go IF i do this downsize.

truthfully, I have ballasts to OD some T5 and T5 is superior IN MY OPINION and limited experience to LED for strait up growing SPS.

B

the orphek atlantik lights seem very very powerful if their data is accurate..much more powerful than the AI's or Radions..im going with them on my next setup..however, kessil a150 has grown my sps very well..the JBJ 45gal is pretty nice as well..

SnowManSnow;959607 wrote: Still afraid of the big name LEDs for some reason.. not sure what route to go IF i do this downsize.

truthfully, I have ballasts to OD some T5 and T5 is superior IN MY OPINION and limited experience to LED for strait up growing SPS.

B

I dont want to turn this thread into a debate over what is superior, but I do agree with you that Im not completely sold on an SPS tank with LED's. Im not sure what it is but they just dont look the same to me as tanks with T5 of MH. Yes they can and do grow SPS but they just never look as good...

indecloudzua;959609 wrote: the orphek atlantik lights seem very very powerful if their data is accurate..much more powerful than the AI's or Radions..im going with them on my next setup..however, kessil a150 has grown my sps very well..the JBJ 45gal is pretty nice as well..

the problem with orphek lights is that the light from them is concentrated in a line across the middle so youll basicly burn up everything under that line and not have enough everywhere else. of course thats not from expirence just from what ive read a few places online. i do however have expirence with radions and they grow sps pretty well ive never kept acros under them but all other sps do well. and i just updated to the new pros and i love them. id highly recommend going radion pro if you do the downgrade.

its a pretty nice layout and the specs of it are pretty nice as well. it is very new so there arent many reviews for the atlantik v2.1 that i can find..it is impressive that one unit gives you enough light for an entire 120 gal footprint with the ability to grow sps from the sand up for the entire tank according to their par readings..the price is a little high i think but it seems to be a nice setup that im heavily considering..

I think that Radions are the way to go for LEDs. Marine land has a 60 cube if you can go a little bigger.

I have a AI sol blue. I'm not really a sps person but I have some montis and a small piece of acropora that is growing good so far.

theres also the deep blue 30 cube which are really nice. ive only seen one in person but i liked it a lot.

look at the P47 from Reefledlights.com
its the same as what i built so many years ago in a factory unit and you know they grow and color acros from my tank.

Just out of curiosity, why the switch to LED? A 400w 20k pendant over a 40 would be perfect (my opinion)

<pre class="code"></pre>
reeferman;959775 wrote: look at the P47 from Reefledlights.com
its the same as what i built so many years ago in a factory unit and you know they grow and color acros from my tank.

will check it out..

Vromb;959821 wrote: Just out of curiosity, why the switch to LED? A 400w 20k pendant over a 40 would be perfect (my opinion)

I don't do MH because of heat issues.

I've been running t5s with pretty good success for quite a while...

It won't fit a smaller tank.

B

Back