media reactor

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
What size gfo reactor to i need for a total of 205 gal system. Was looking at the ones made by two little fishes.

I can answer this one.LOL.After looking into them, I need a 550 made by TLF.Maybe someone can answer this one.I don't have room in my intake chamber. So do I put in the return section or my fuge.

Got it.Thanks Why where on this subject, What is the best and safest phosphate remover.I can't believe I got by 8 yrs of reefing, and never seen HA in my tank.And now, I am fighting it.

I just ordered the GFO from BRS, 2lb container should lady me awhile. I have my 550 in my drain compartment w/ matrix in it, and my 2 150s in return both with carbon & GFO.

JDW;958408 wrote: I just ordered the GFO from BRS, 2lb container should lady me awhile. I have my 550 in my drain compartment w/ matrix in it, and my 2 150s in return both with carbon & GFO.

+1 on brs gfo

Fishlips;958404 wrote: Got it.Thanks Why where on this subject, What is the best and safest phosphate remover.I can't believe I got by 8 yrs of reefing, and never seen HA in my tank.And now, I am fighting it.
My turbo snails have always taken care of my HA. I swear they can smell the stuff. They find it right away, regardless of where it is in the tank.

ShanePike;958423 wrote: My turbo snails have always taken care of my HA. I swear they can smell the stuff. They find it right away, regardless of where it is in the tank.

Thats what I was told.Picked up some from Rit last week.I need all the help I can get.

Ok, Little slow, But I just ordered a phosban 550 reactor TLF with the pump.2 questions. Will it have everything in the kit I need to get started.I also ordered rowa phos 250 ml.Will this get me going, and any tips on setting , I will appreciate.

Fishlips;960476 wrote: Ok, Little slow, But I just ordered a phosban 550 reactor TLF with the pump.2 questions. Will it have everything in the kit I need to get started.I also ordered rowa phos 250 ml.Will this get me going, and any tips on setting , I will appreciate.

just use 1/2 the amount recommended at first...

The only true way to find out if it's exhausted is to test the water coming out of pump with a low range phosphate kit.

Hach, Elos Professsional, or the Ultra Low Hanna Egg will all work.

I use 1 cup of HC GFO form BRS and change it weekly in a BRS Dual with Carbon in the first.

mysterybox;960596 wrote: just use 1/2 the amount recommended at first...

The only true way to find out if it's exhausted is to test the water coming out of pump with a low range phosphate kit.

Hach, Elos Professsional, or the Ultra Low Hanna Egg will all work.

I use 1 cup of HC GFO form BRS and change it weekly in a BRS Dual with Carbon in the first.

Thanks, now just got to wait it gets here

How long do I run half the mount of gfo.A day or two or longer.

You test the output from the reactor like Ralph suggested. That will tell you how long it takes to deplete the amount of GFO you used. When PO4 starts to register on the output again it's time to change it. You won't increase to a normal dose for 1 to 2 months.

rk4435;963198 wrote: Make sure you rinse the GFO with ro/di or tank water.

Agreed. Check the BRS videos for setting up the GFO/Carbon reactors.

I rinse mine as part of the water change. I'll disconnect the return hose at the reactor. Put a 2 foot section on and put the other end in my waste water bucket. Turn the pump back on and run it until it's clear.

Y-Not;963295 wrote: Agreed. Check the BRS videos for setting up the GFO/Carbon reactors.

I rinse mine as part of the water change. I'll disconnect the return hose at the reactor. Put a 2 foot section on and put the other end in my waste water bucket. Turn the pump back on and run it until it's clear.

Yes, when I started mine up, put outlet in a bucket till clear

Back