Meeting minutes 8/21/12

ripped tide

Market
Reaction score
Meeting Minutes 8/21/12

Date: 8/21/12
Time: 7:00pm
Attendees: Seth Peters (Seth The Wine Guy) Bill Mussel-White (ichthyoid), Gary Nash (gnashty), Dylan Carter (Ripped Tide), and Thanh.

1. Treasurer’s Agenda
A. Discussion and disclosure of all club funds and known club assets.
B. Discussion of potential investment ideas for the MACNA funds. Any forward motion will be postponed until all options have been fully explored.
C. Discussed the budget for the holiday party, and potential ideas and options.
D. Discussed the “End of the year” raffle budget. The raffle currently contains the following items: Tank, stand, canopy, return pump, Lighting, salt, reactors, and a skimmer.
E. Discussed the budget for all the remaining meetings until the end of the year.
D. Discussed the location of the current club P.O. box and whether it should be located in a more convenient location for the current running officers.

2. ARC Administrator
A. Hanin (Haninja) has officially resigned from his position as the ARC Administrator. Until an adequate admin can be found, the president will act as a temporary administrator.

B. This position handles very sensitive information as well as the integrity of the site, thus requires a huge amount of trust; as such, we will be scrutinizing whomever we appoint to the position. The BOD has a few individuals that will be interviewed. The BoD is also seriously considering outsourcing this position to a site maintenance company. This would take away any risks associated with the potential for someone (a member) to become disgruntled and shut down the site, or commit other serious offenses.

To avoid offending any member, we will not be accepting any volunteers for this support staff position. The BOD will contact those who are in consideration for the role.

3. Power Buy Coordinator

A. The BoD will collectively organize any remaining power buys until this term ends.

4. ARC Charity Donation

A. Discussion of potential organizations to donate to. Discussion postponed.

5. Meetings for the rest of the year.

A. August- Seachem/Amici’s Café
B. September- Social event/ Member presentation
C. October- coral auction
D. November- Elections/ Seachem Presentation
E. December- TBD/ Christmas Party

6. Charlie (Amici)
A. Discussed the one week ban issued from the mods.

7. Neptune’s Reef
A. Neptune’s Reef wants to become an ARC sponsor. The owner wants to only offer a discount on livestock. After strong discussion, the BoD decided that it keeps everything fair and level if we do not offer any discounted discounts to sponsors.
The BoD voted against (0-4) accepting the application, with a caveat that if he is willing to offer the full discount, we will reconsider our position, and re vote.

8. MACNA 2012 Representation
A. Two BoD members will be going to MACNA.
B. Gary was nominated, but refused related to work reasons.
C. Currently, Bill and Dylan are planning to go. Budgeting is still in order before any motion will be pushed further.

9. Stacy22
A. The BoD proposes a one year gift membership.
B. The BoD Voted in favor, 4-0.

10. BoD Meeting expense.

A. Taco Mac: Tab + Tip = $159.97 put to WF Account
B. $20 paid per attendee, which was deposited into the WF account.
C. Total meeting expense: $59.97

Meeting adjourned: 11:30

Thank you for posting the minutes of the meetings, it's a lot of work ( I know- I used to have to type up the minutes of the Planning Commission every month.)

It would be difficult to attend a meeting, this way I can know whats happening and it makes it easier to try and find ways to participate. I like posting the itinerary the next few meetings.

Good call on the gift to Stacy, she deserves it.

Thanks Ben! I've been told this is a thankless job. It's not. Folks like you keep me at it.

Yes good work guys!

I also Agree with the Deny to The Neptune Reefs.

Also Well done for Stacy!

thanks to the entire BOD for taking time out of your personal lives for the club. its much appreciated :)

Thanks for taking the time to do this Ripped

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back