Melanurus and Cleaner Shrimp?

Rainblood

Supporting
Reaction score
I was thinking about adding 2 cleaners into the frag tank but read that they may not live too long with a melanurus.
Anyone have any experience with these two guys together? Given the price of cleaners these days, it'd be a pretty pricey meal.

My DT has 2 yellow coris, 1 cleaner and 1 fire shrimp and they seem fine together.

Just keep them well fed. If they go hungry, shrimp could be picked at. Also buy larger shrimp, smaller ones are just snacks to them and could be killed thinking it’s feeding time. Another thing is release the shrimp at night while the wrasse sleeps.

I have two Melanarus in my display with with a few cleaner shrimp they never bothered them. I don’t over feed too much I like to put my wrasse on a diet every two weeks so they will feed on pests and what not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two Melanarus in my display with with a few cleaner shrimp they never bothered them. I don’t over feed too much I like to put my wrasse on a diet every two weeks so they will feed on pests and what not.

I however have had 7 small peppermint shrimp in my tank and they no longer around and my Melanarus are like XL never saw them specifically eat them but nothing else in my tank is big enough to. So just my little experience.

Back