Member SPS Tanks

jeep9783

Market
Reaction score
Wanting to see current sps tank pics with equip if you don't mind...ie cal reactor/kalk reactor kinda skimmer lites etc...mods if there are too many of these open i will understand if you close....softies are ok to not to discriminate

I honestly wanted to see the cal/kalk reactor sizes depending on the amount of sps along with the amount of cal being consumed on a day/weekly schedule...plus some nice sps tanks along the way

OK. Well thats much more specific.

Here is my FTS about a month ago. I have some more growth, but nothing huge as I am still dialing in my calcium reactor.

DSC00281.jpg
alt="" />

I have a Schuran Jetstream 1 calcium reactor being fed off of a tee fitting from my return. It only gets about 90 bubbles a min for 4 hours a day.

DSC01680.jpg
alt="" />

I also have an MRC kalk reactor that is between my top off container and my sump. (this is the oly pic I have of it, it's hidden behind my top off container.)

DSC00160.jpg
alt="" />

I have an EXTREME overkill set-up, and I know that, but I am planning for the future, so thats why I have exsessive equipment.

I am only losing about half a point of alk a day with the kalk reactor only. So, thats why I only have the calcium reactor running 4 hours a day to keep up with that. It's still not completly stable yet...

I run an Elos NS 1000 skimmer, and its awesome! Also a phsoban reactor.

DSC01596.jpg
alt="" />

Hope thats what your looking for. Check out my build thread for more details.

I only have a handful SPS, and LPS, and 2 clams...

well i only have a 75 with 20 sump but plan on slamming it with sps...just seeing what route i need to go either with kalk reactor or cal reactor i don't know which way i am gonna go yet...not worried about the price just the ease of use to prevent crazy spikes...nice setup though...others willing to post?

I know that this is an ARC nono but i don't really test for nothing i know that i need to do a water change about every 2-3 weeks...hell my ph monitor i can't even figure out how to cal it...it is a milwalkie the little one but i push the ok button and it says needs cal (well lights up the red light) I have always just gotten by with water changes...i know that I will need a cal or kalk reactor with my addiction to sps but i just want ease of use...I only have two fish (lubbocks fairy and Pencil wrasse so i really have no bioload)

well it has been up since august and only lost one coral and ora blue tort....well the controller and probe is only 2 months old i don't think i cal it right is the problem i hope

Check out the TOTM section under Club Announcements.
http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115</a>

Hanin (March) has some really good growth and he has some pics of his equipment.

Sigh....I really miss my old SPS garden. It's a bad pic, but here it was:

FTS-1-1.jpg
alt="" />

I ran kalk in a DIY reactor (made from an RO canister) I don't run that anymore. I have an MRC CR2 dual Ca reactor and a heavily modded Octopus NW200 ( It's more like the extreme 200 now) Tank is a 140g with 55g sump.

fullUnit.jpg
alt="" />

inSump.jpg
alt="" />

Back